Chapter 16: Respect

Walking onto the bridge I saw Octavia standing on the bridge waiting for us.
She looked much different than before.

I nodded to her once seeing she had a sword of her own she brought

I smiled. Lincoln obviously has been with her lately.

A rustle of trees were heard before Lincoln and Gian ran through the other tree line across from us. I smiled and ran to Gian while Octavia ran to Lincoln.

I hugged him tightly. "I'm happy you escaped." I whispered into the hug. He pulled back with a smirk on his face.
"Little princess of course I did."
I laughed as we turned to walk to Clarke and Finn.

"You know him as well?" Clarke asked. I nodded before looking at Gian.
"Its okay." I told him.
He glanced at me before he spoke.
"My leader is on her way." Clarke went wide eyed and nodded.

I smirked at Finn who looked cautious but still calm somehow

I turned when I heard the sounds of metal on stone.

Anya was riding on her horse like last time but only had two warriors behind her. Each had weapons.

I smirked at Finn and Clarke.
"Hey we said no weapons!" Clarke pointed to them looking at Lincoln.
"I was told there wouldn't be." I nodded to Anya looking at them.

"And that is why neither of you are leaders." I told them taking one last look at Gian before walking toward Anya.

She dropped down from her horse meeting me halfway.
Clarke soon walked up as well.

I nodded to Anya.
"I hope you liked the gift?" I asked her. She smirked nodding before glancing at Clarke once.
"Thank you for coming Princess. You must be Clarke?" She addressed us both.
Clarke nodding holding her hand out.

I looked to Anya who made eye contact with me. I smirked at her looking to Clarke.
"That's not how this goes Clarke."
I told her stepping forward to Anya.

I looked to her warriors and her knife on her hip. She looked at my sword and knife on my side. She nodded.

"You brought weapons." Anya said monotone.
I nodded to her warriors.
"So did you." I retorted in the same manner.
"Why?" She asked me curiously.
"Because I knew you were too smart to not bring weapons Anya. You must protect your people. I must protect mine. Even if I do like you." I smiled a little at her. She did the same nodding in respect to me as I did to her at the same time.