Chapter 37: Understanding

Lexa had two women come into my tent and get me ready while she went to speak with her advisers and have them prepare for Finn.

After getting me dressed the two women did my face paint and hair.

I now had black face paint only on my eyes. It was different than Lexa's. I also have my hair in different types of braids that made my hair not be in my way if something ever happened.

When the women were done and I had on my two swords I left the war tent. A group of what had to be 20 warriors on both horses and foot or dragging Finn into the camp from the left tree line.

I moved out of the tent opening nodding to the group of warriors and guards who had kneeled to me.

I look to the left once more. Some of the warriors were tying Finn to a bare tree.
"Heda gon Sonraun." I turned my attention behind me where Lexa stood with Indra- the woman from before -and Gustus.

It was Indra who had spoken. I knew this because she stepped forward to talk again.
"The Commander told me of your actions in Tondc. That village was my home. Thank you." I nodded once to her with a smile.

Looking at Camp Jaha I saw everyone lined up inside of the gate.
Clarke and Bellamy were at the front. Abby and my father stood there talking to both Bellamy and Raven who was upset.

"Which one is he?" I looked like I said before once more to Bellamy who is now looking right at me.
"He's the one who is standing at my father's right side." She nodded while observing him.

"He looks more worried than angry with you." She said as I nodded slowly. "He does...doesn't he?"

"What are they doing?" Indra asked suspiciously as we watched Clarke, Bellamy, and Raven walk away from the fence until we could no longer see them. I shook my head in a silent warning.

'Don't come down here.' I thought.

We watched as the gate opened Clarke walked out.
"What exactly does she think she can do to stop this?" Indra asked me as we all continue to watch her. I shook my head in confusion.

"I have no idea." I looked at Bellamy.
"Indra... move to stand closer to the commander."
I told her nudging my head in Lexa's direction. She nodded and grab a spear from a nearby guard.

I had only said this to prevent an attack. If Clarke were stupid enough to attack then people would die. This way at least it is only Finn to lose his life.

We all watched as Clarke passed by the guards on horses then the normal army, and then Lexa's guardsmen.

Indra stepped forward putting her spear to Clarke's chest.
"I'm here to speak with your commander and the princess," Clarke announced looking Indra in the eye.

Lexa and I were listening from the other side of Indra and a group of guards. I looked in between the men to see Clarke take a small step forward. As she did this the spear drew blood from her stomach due to pressure.

I looked at Lexa who nodded to Gustus.
He stepped out of our way as Lexa and I began to walk into the view of Clarke.

"Let me through." Clarke gritted to Indra who only sharpened her glare.

"Let her pass Indra," Lexa ordered as we both stepped around some guards.

Indra looked at me as I nodded as I was the one to tell her it might not be safe. She reluctantly pulled the spear away and stepped to my right side.

Clarke took a few steps forward.
"I remember telling you not to interfere," I told Clarke, as she glanced between Lexa and me.

"I've come to trade places with Finn." Lexa looked at me with a raised eyebrow as Clarke said this.