Chapter 26: Darkness

Anya, Clarke, and I fell down into a pit of darkness eventually landing on something metal.

I looked to Clarke.
"Are you okay?" She winced but nodded. "Yeah you?" I nodded feeling the sharp pains from my back. The marks hadn't healed yet.

I looked to Anya who was breathing and awake looking at me.
"I owe you my life again."
"Anya." I turned to Clarke when she spoke up. She was looking to what Anya was laying on. A body.

We all were laying on the bodies of drained grounders.
"Oh my god!"
"Oh my god." My and Clarke started checking the bodies. Anya just held the face of one man.

Once we had calmed down Clarke and I climbed out of the shute of bodies.

"Anya! Take my hand!" She looked to my hand from the mans face in shock.

Once she grabbed my hand I quickly pulled her out of there while grabbing my bag.

Once we were out Clarke went to a pile of clothes and started to pull things on as she only wore a white top and white shorts.
Anya did the same as I grabbed a black grounder jacket.

Hearing the sound of chains and groaning I turned. "Clarke!" I whispered grabbing Anya's arm.

The light of a torch around the corner lit up the cave as as saw the shadows of men.
"Reapers." I looked to Anya as she whispered this.

I quickly climbed back into the shute with Anya and Clarke to pretend that we were part of the dead.

I sighed once they passed us.
We clambered out of the pit of bodies and stood together for a moment thinking.

"We don't know the way out Anya." I told her.
She shook her head.
"I have to save my people first." I huffed.

"Anya come back with an army then we save them." She didnt listen and took off running while Clarke was turned around.

Clarke looked at me then the spot Anya had been standing. I went to speak but we were interrupted by the sounds of reapers. I tended grabbing Clarkes hand and running in the opposite direction making random turns.

Eventually we ran out of breath and stopped.
I looked to the left hearing someone speak and saw a torch. "Clarke." I breathed out still trying to catch my breath.

We turned to go the opposite direction but another reaper was walking toward us.

The got closer as we backed up against the wall.
"No no no. Please. " I mumbled looking at them scared.

Out of nowhere a loud electronic noise rang out into the air.

Clarke and I looked to the right.
Men in protective suits were running up with guns and flashlights.

"Get back!" One shouted to a reaper.
He pointed the gun to the man near me holding a blue light in his hand.

"Get the hell away from her." He shouted to the grounders trying to make his way to me.

I grabbed Clarkes hand pulling her close if we had to run again. I didn't want to split up in these caves.

"Princess Serafina and Clarke Griffin. You are coming with us." The man from before said.

They grabbed us by the arms and started leading us down in the caves.

"We saw everything. We know what your doing to them." Clarke told them.

"That's why your going in the harvest chamber with them." The guard holding my arm said.

We approached a door on the cave wall.
A guard held up a radio speaking into it.

"Alpha Delta 2. We've reached the intake. We got two in custody." He waited for a reply.

"You mission was to bring back all three of them. The outsider can not be allowed to leave this mountain. Alpha Delta 1 is coming out now."

"Ahh!" I turned and ducked as Anya flew over my head tackling the guard holding me. Clarke ripped her arm away and hit his mask off. The man screamed. I quickly turned to Anya. "His mask!" I shouted to her and she ripped the guards mask off.

This gave all three of us time to make a run for it.

Making sure I had my bag as we ran I watched as Anya made a few turns.
I looked to Clarke noticing she had a gun in her hand. Most likely a guards.

Hearing them behind us we ran straight until we came to an opening with sunshine.
We stopped at the edge looking down.
We were at a straight drop dive into water.

We all turned around as the guards ran up. They stopped a few feet away holding their guns on us.

"Wait. There has to be another way." Clarke said to us. She knew what we had to do. I tightened the strap on my bag so it was flush against my body and zipped up the black jacket I had grabbed.

"There isn't." Anya shouted over the sound of rushing water.

"Give it up already! There's no place else to go." A guard shouted to us.
I smirked at him. Well now we know whose the dumb guard.

I glanced at Anya as she look to me.
I nodded once and so did she.
"Clarke.." I got her attention. I looked to Anya as she jumped off the edge.

"Anya!" Clarke yelled before turning back around and dropping the gun putting her hands in the air.
I huffed and turned around jumping off the edge as well.

Hitting the water I was pushed around by the current until I finally could make my way to the surface.
I took a deep breath noticing land to my left.

I kicked against the current until I got to the rock shore and pulled myself out of the water.

I layed there for a second to catch my breath.
"Let's go." I looked up to see Anya standing over me.
I sat up and checked I had my bag before I stood up.

"Where's Clarke?" I asked her. She pointed to a head of blonde to our left.

I ran over to her getting on my knee's.
"Clarke." I rolled her over toward me and she started to cough up water.
I turned her back on her side as she grabbed the rocks under her to get a grip of herself.

When she could finally breathe hI helped her sit up before we both looked at Anya.

She was sitting next to us looking out to the water.
"Thank you." I said to her.
"We're even now. You saved me now I saved you." I nodded looking over the bruises on her face.

Clarke started to stand up. "I think we should go back to the drop ship first." She said.
I turned seeing Anya roll her eyes. She reached over picking up a rock before smacking Clarke over the head with it knocking her out.

Anya stood looking to me. I shook my head smirking. "I'm fine Anya no thanks." She smirked back dropping the rock.

Anya got down to Clarke before grabbing her jacket to get in her face.
"We're not going back to your dropship." She told Clarke pushing her back before taking out a piece of cloth using it as rope.

"You killed 300 of my warriors. I can't show my face without a prize." She told Clarke wrapping the cloth in a knot around her wrists.