Chapter 1: Perfect

*Memory*

"Mother why must I wear this?" The young girl asked her with clear blue eyes, gesturing down to the long blue dress. She looked down at the princess with her crystal blue eyes, blonde hair, and white smile.

"Sera, sweetheart. Blue is the royal color and what have I told you about complaining?" She asked in her calm soothing tone of voice playing with the brown thick hair that was in luscious curls.

The six year old stood thinking for a moment trying to remember before looking back to her mother.

She flashed a smile. "Keep it on the inside and speak with your eyes like a lady." The young Serafina said proudly that she had remembered it. Her mother Grace nodded then bent down to her level in a long beautiful gown.

"Serafina, you must be perfect always. You must smile and nod your head lightly only. You must wave and walk tall. Always remember to be the princess you must be the perfect model of society." The little girl sighed.

"I do not understand. Why must it be me?" She asked frustrated that she had all these rules.
Grace smiled down at her daughter.
"Because you are the last royal by blood. To keep the peace we must have order. To keep the peace we must have hope. You must be their hope."

-----------------------------------------------------------

*11 years Later* (She's 17 now.)

-Serafina POV-

I sighed looking at myself in the mirror while remembering that day. My mother had begun training me to be the hope of the Ark. Their princess.
It was sad that only a short six years later had she passed on.

I shook the thought out of my head. Sitting up straight I mentally looked over myself to ensure the perfect image that I was raised by my mother to have.

'Perfect brunette wavy hair to my waist...check. Perfect white smile...check. Tiara pinned straight...check. Elegant blue gown to the floor..nails..ring..shoes!'

I huffed slightly before slowly pushing on the arms of my seat and rising out of my chair then walking to the left toward my wardrobe. Opening the doors I grabbed a pair of blue three inch heels. I put them on before closing the doors and heading back to sit down gracefully in my seat. I started to mess with my hair hoping to get it right.

This was only the first part of my day and I had already messed it up by forgetting something. I was excited for my session with the children this morning. I would ready three books to them before I had a meeting. My usual schedule though was boring.

Get ready, long council meeting, meeting over lunch, public viewing in section of the ark, meeting with the leadership in each section of the ark, then dinner.

This was my daily routine. But today I would be reading to the children first. Everything was to ensure the ark ran smoothly and everything was perfect. In other words, I had to be perfect. To be the princess I had to be the perfect model of society in my mother's opinion.

I had to maintain order to keep the peace between all 12 nations in each section. I delegated and maintained. But so far I'm not doing such a great job without my mother.

A knock on my door interrupted my mental scolding. I looked over to the right where my father Marcus Kane, stood in the doorway.

"Morning father." I greeted rising from my seat and walking over to him.