Chapter 25 - All About You

Start from the beginning

Then out of nowhere, I see a head filled with brown tousled hair coming towards me. I looked up at him, sending him a sympathetic smile. He sends me a small one in return.

Gosh this is awkward.

He sat down next to me, slowly taking his bag off. I chewed on the sleeve of my shirt, too nervous to speak. I smiled at his bobbing leg but it soon vanished as I realized I was doing the same thing.

"Uh, hi." he said, clearing his throat.

"Hi." I replied, anxiously.

Silence.

"So how are you?" he asked.

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

"Me too." he answered, looking away. I'm so glad he understood what he felt... or did he?

I sighed and turned to him. He didn't look back. I bit my lip, wondering whether to do it or not... I'll do it.

My hand crept up to his and I took it in mine, tugging it a bit. He finally looked back. First at our hands then me.

"What is it?" he asked, as if nothing had happened. But I knew him too well, his eyes were screaming pain.

"Tristan... I'm sorry." I apologized, looking him directly in the eye.

"For what?" he said, but he didn't say like he wants me to admit it, it sounds like he's genuinely curious.

"For... yesterday."

"No, I'm sorry about that. You should date whoever you want, it's your life. I had no right to get involved with it."

What?

"Huh?"

"I think we should just..."

"Tristan, I know you told me that it's better if we stay away from eachother, but that doesn't mean I want to." I said.

There was a pause.

"Then what do you want Scar?" he asked gently. "What do you want?"

I gulped, not ready to answer.

"Pickles." I blurted out and I instantly covered my hand over my mouth, going pink. Oh my god, why the hell did I say that?

He stared at me for a while before his lips twitched and he started grinning. I smiled back sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. I put my hands to my sides quickly... I was beginning to act like him.

"I'm sure you do Scarlett." he said. I laughed back and he soon joined in.

I really liked how he had turned back, but that just gave me another reason to beg for him. I sighed as we sat in silence and the bell rang. I packed up my stuff and went to class.

He acted normal throughout the day, he wasn't gawking at me, or trying to make contact. This frustrated me. I was so used to having him do either one of them, and it just felt different and wrong when he wasn't.

Why was I being like this? I could just walk away from right now... only, I didn't want to. 

He's the one that cheated on me. He's the one that ruined us. He's the one that broke my heart.

I just remembered, he raped me too.

So I was in love with a rapist...

...oh god. What has the world come to?

I hadn't seen Carter all day. Poor guy, he must be in hospital.

Should I go visit?

The final bell rang and I packed my stuff up quickly. I walked out of school and wondered if I should wait for Tristan.