Chapter 46

"Well, that went better than we expected." Namjoon sighed in relief when they got out of the giants' den. It was no secret he was absolutely terrified of the creatures even if he had the power to make freeze them or even create a barrier between them, though that was still something he had not learned.

Hoseok had done most of the talking, Namjoon internally thanking the vampire hybrid because he could barely string together a sentence before turning into a stuttering mess. At least it all went well in the end.

"And now the real battle, how to get into—" He was cut off by a crow, the bird cawing in mid-air as it land on Namjoon's shoulder. They're both startled, not having expected a crow to come out of nowhere, with a note attached to its leg nonetheless. He and Hoseok looked at each other, a frown on their faces as the crow seemed to caw in annoyance, lifting its leg up so that they take the small letter. The crow made a noise before it bounded off, so the person who sent this wasn't expecting a reply.

It was probably either Jungkook and Taehyung or Hoseok's parents so Namjoon unfolded it quickly, Hoseok reading the familiar hand-writing over his shoulder.

You have to come back. Almost everything has been sorted out, we have an unexpected ally.

++++

The same message had been sent to Taehyung and Jungkook, who had been packing that night for an even longer stay at the shapeshifters because they were sure it would take them forever to convince.

The message was from Mr. Min and Mr. Kim, so they didn't bother with packing much after that, just a few things that Taehyung thought they'd need while staying at the manor.

"What do you think they mean? Everything couldn't have taken a turn for the better already, could it?" Taehyung pursed his lips, wrapping his arms around Jungkook. He wished they didn't need to think about it. But they did.

"Mr. Min and Mr. Kim are not fools, if they're sure of something, then they probably have good reason. And hey, this is better for us. The sooner this finishes, the sooner I get to have you all to myself more." Jungkook scrunched his face up at the cheesy line, slapping the witch's chest.

"Shut up. You're so embarrassing." But the pink hue on his cheeks told another story and Taehyung smiled, leaning down to kiss him. Jungkook's protests died almost immediately, tilting his head up to return the kiss.

It was a sweet and slow kiss, no tongue or teeth involved which made it more precious to Jungkook. They parted when they needed air, both of them panting and flushed.

"Let's—let's sleep. We have to be up early." Jungkook buried his face in Taehyung's chest and the other had a ridiculous grin on his face as he watched the fairy fall asleep.

++++

The next morning found them all back at the manor, confused and looking for answers.

"You got the letter too?" Jungkook nodded at Namjoon's question as they waited for Hoseok's parents.

Mr. Min and Mr. Kim entered the room soon after that, with someone that they thought they would kill on sight if they ever saw again.

"Jimin?!"