Chapter 27

"Ok, so if any of you have been listening to your history lessons—" Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung cringed. "—you'll know that despite the school only having started after the war, the building in itself is much, much older than that. I believe it was a castle of some sorts for creatures that might have gone extinct. Seeing as no creatures have come up claiming they own the place." Jungkook nodded at what Mr. Kim was saying, leaning over to look at the plans and where Mr. Kim was pointing.

"These are the mermaid tunnels." His finger stretched over the many tubes lines going around the building. "Everyone has been trying to find ways to escape if something happens - since if they all drop out at the same time, it would be suspicious and would not only their lives in danger, but everyone who knows them - but the hardest is for the mermaids, like myself. We can't stay out of the water for more than a few days and we don't know when the Principle is going to strike. So we have to find another solution."

They all nodded and Jungkook bit his lip, raking through his brain for ideas. But Jimin beat him to it.

"There's a lake not too far off from the school, if we can create a tunnel going through the ground and opening up to the lake, the mermaids could immediately swim through and land there. It would take all the staff at least four hours to realize this small amount of students are missing and by then, they could've changed and a fairy or pixie could be waiting to teleport them to a safe place. Wherever that may be." Mr. Kim nodded, very delighted at the wonderful idea but Mr. Min narrowed his eyes at Jimin.

"How do you know there's a lake out there? Even I don't know about it." Jimin's face flushed beet red and he started fidgeting.

"I—uh—I snuck out one day by shapeshifting as one of the gate guards. They let me through. I couldn't sleep that night so I didn't know what else to do! The school grounds were suffocating and I couldn't stand it!"

"If I had known sooner I would've probably reported you to the Principle. But since we both hate him....I'll make an exception. Just this time though." Mr. Min's glare was playful and smiles swept across the room, Mr. Kim's more fond and loving than theirs.

"Anyway, that's a great idea Jimin. We're gonna have to go and look for the lake, Yoongi. And then decide where to have the half-Dryads to dig a tunnel." They nodded and Mr. Min unwrapped another set of maps.

"These are where we've decided everyone else is going to come out of. For the vampires, Hoseok's friend, BoAh, has a tunnel behind one of her dorm's rooms. Thankfully, it leads just outside the gates where they could run through the forest and disappear immediately."

"We don't have any giant hybrids so we don't have to be worried about them." Namjoon nodded at what Hoseok said and then looked down at the maps.

"The fairies - the ones who can perform magic - will be able to open portals if we teach them. It's not the hardest thing to learn in magic and they could open a portal right inside the school. The werewolves can accompany the vampires because their dorms are right next to each other." Taehyung felt a smile tug in his lips and he stepped forward to stand next to Jungkook, leaning down next to his ear as the others continued discussing.

"Why are you breathing against my neck you idiot?" Jungkook mumbled and gave Taehyung a side glance.

"I'm glad I took you to that office that day." Jungkook blushed and looked down, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm glad you did too."