Chapter 9

The gym was filled with Level A creatures. Which was more than Jungkook had expected. A few hundreds maybe. The gym was so big that it accommodated them all with place to spare.

"Jungkook-ah, come to our team!" He turned to where Hoseok was shouting from and jogged over there. Mr. Seo told them if they flew or used any spells or things, he's going to give them a months detention. Harsh but what could you expect?

"Alright everyone, now that you've divided into teams of six. Let's play volleyball. Everyone go to one part of the field." Mr. Seo was a warlock - very shocking considering that warlocks never agreed to teach - and he pulled up some nets and divided the gym into at least a hundred small fields.

"When I blow the whistle, you start. And remember, I see everything. So don't try and lie!" Jungkook went and took his place, looking up to survey the other team and he gulped when he saw the icy-eyed witch.

He was already staring at him and Jungkook could only hold eye contact for a few moment before looking to the other teammates. They were all positioned in their places and he felt himself growing slightly nervous. Namjoon and Hoseok were on his team along with three others he didn't know and didn't even try to get to know. He just knew two of them were werewolves and another one was a shapeshifter.

Mr. Seo blew into the whistle and the other team threw the ball first. Hoseok jumped, hitting the ball but he hit too hard and it bounded off, causing the other team to start again.

This time it came for Jungkook and he did hit it, but it just went up and would've hit his face if one of the werewolves hadn't come over and smacked it to the other side of the fence.

"Focus newbie, put some more force and arch into your hit." Jungkook looked up and nodded with more determination, putting his hands back together and bending his knees.

After the first round, they changed places and Jungkook prepared himself again. He was happy that he was doing better than the last time he hit the ball and was ready to do even better this time.

But he made the mistake of looking up and once again meeting those blue eyes.

And a burst of pain hit his head before he passed out.