Chapter 41

The moment Jungkook heard the door open, he was met with an armful of Namjoon. The fairy hugged the living daylights out of him and all any of the present in the room could do was laugh.

The two fairies had a brotherly bond that they all adored. It was cute and endearing.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook turned to Hoseok and smiled slightly, nodding.

"My family were great help as I expected." And he proceeded to explain everything his Gran and parents told him. Mr. Kim and Mr. Min seemed much more interested in it than Hoseok and Namjoon, seeing as it involved politics and well, they were still young. Their interests lay everywhere but politics.

"If this is still a legal way. Then we might be at an advantage. We have almost every creature from the Ten and we only need to persuade seven. More of them would be great but we can't have less." Mr. Kim nodded at Mr. Min.

"You're right. The vampires and mermaids we can guarantee will be on our sides, they're more tame and open to suggestions that could possibly change the way our world works. The werewolves I'm not so sure about, they follow a single Alpha and currently that Alpha occupies a seat in the Ten. So getting them to rebel against him is near impossible." Hoseok nodded and then looked at the chessboard in the cupboard opposite to them. He went over and took it out, along with ten pieces that he laid down on the coffee table. They were all soldiers.

"So we have two of the creatures and aren't completely sure about one." He picked up a soldier and placed in front of the others. "What about the giants?"

"They're dull, they don't really think for themselves much. If you can prove that they can trust you, you've earned their loyalty for life." Namjoon explained and Taehyung picked up another soldier, placing it slightly behind the one Hoseok had pushed forward.

"The shapeshifters then. They're a secluded bunch, known for being one of the most powerful. How could we get them to agree to help us?" Jungkook looked up at Taehyung and bit his lips.

"By giving them an offer they can't refuse." They turned to him, raising an eyebrow and he cleared his throat.

"Think about it. Shifters that have the same powers as a fairy or any other creature. They'd be the perfect spies, the perfect and most powerful creature. And telling them that they might lose all of that because of a person who thinks they're a threat to the Ten and himself. They'd never pass on the opportunity. Shifters are many things, including opportunists." The mood was a little sour because they thought of Jimin. He definitely took what he thought was opportunity.

"Now we have three, four if we still count the giants. Taehyung-ah, what about the witches?" The witch thought about it before he spoke.

"Well, we were the first to accept the concept of same sex relationships and pregnancies. Developed a potion with the help of the pixies and fairies so that they could have children. We're pretty open minded but some of the clans do believe in pure bloodlines. So they'd probably be divided into two groups, those who agree and those who don't. But in the end, the decision lays in the hands of the eldest witch. And he's a wise man. I'd place my bets on an agreement." Namjoon smiled, looking at the two chess pieces that were pushed forward and then pushed another one forward.

"What's that for?" Hoseok's confusion was met with a chuckle from Namjoon. It sounded amused and yet dry.

"The pixies. They've never been a fan of fairies and the feeling is mutual. When they find out that we support he hybrids in this rebellion. You can be sure that they will support the enemy. Just like they did in the War. So we'd better be safe and not contact them at all or they might run over to the Principle and tell him what we're planning." Mr. Kim patted him on the shoulder.

"Good thinking. We can expect support from the elves, they're peaceful creatures and would do everything to avoid another war. Especially if there are means where no blood has to be shed."

"That leaves the banshees—" Jungkook interrupted Mr. Min before he could finish.

"They'll help us." Hoseok looked at him quizzically.

"How do you know?" Jungkook flushed and hopped they didn't think he had gone mad when they heard what he had to say.

"While we were in the clearing, she told me to run after her scream. I—I think she did it on purpose to give us time to escape. She wouldn't do that if she didn't want us to be alive. I believe she would help us in getting the banshees to help us." Namjoon looked thoughtful.

"I think I know what you mean. I heard it too, like an echo." Jungkook nodded his head vigorously.

"Yeah, I don't think she would do that if she wanted us dead, like the Principle and Vice Principles." The professors sighed and stood up from their seats.

"Let's continue this tomorrow. I'm sure you boys want to rest too." Mr. Kim pointed at Taehyung and Jungkook and the two nodded.

"Yeah, we'd like a little rest for now." Taehyung squeezed Jungkook's hand, the fairy doing the same.

"Rest well." Jungkook smiled at Namjoon.

"Thanks."