Chapter 37

He was in a room when he woke up, a dull headache making itself known and he tried his best to ignore it as he sat up. He wasn't alone in the room, Taehyung was on the bed with him, his hand in Jungkook's as he slept peacefully.

Hoseok and Namjoon were also sleeping on the ground, tangled up in each other with one blanket covering them. There was tension in the air, one he understood.

They were missing a member. Jimin.

He couldn't believe that he had betrayed them. He'd been such a great friend, had helped Jungkook through some of his shifting, had supported Hoseok and had given them the idea for the mermaids. How could all that have been just acting? Just a ploy that the Principle had planned and known all along?

His headache worsened and he laid back down, closing his eyes and scrunching his face, panting as he tried to somehow make the pain more bearable. His hand squeezed Taehyung's which caused the witch to wake up.

"Jungkook...?" The fairy winced and then took a deep breath.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

Silence.

"No."

Taehyung shifted, bringing Jungkook closer so the fairy could bury his face in his shoulder, but he didn't cry. He refused to cry.

"How could he do that to us? We could've lost someone, we might've lost someone already and we don't know." The words came out like a sob and Taehyung moved his hand up and down his back soothingly.

"We didn't lose anyone, don't worry. Hoseok and Namjoon are here, I'm here. Mr. Kim and Mr. Min are here too and everyone we know." But I don't know about anyone else, it was left unsaid but they both knew it. Someone could be bawling their eyes out right now, crying over a friend or family or lover.

And it was all Jimin's fault.

He felt angry all of a sudden. Angry at Jimin, angry at the Principle and Vice Principles, angry at the Ten for letting all of this happen. For letting the Principle kill off all of the hybrids and make them outcasts in a world that was supposed to have been made for the better after the war.

"I hate them. I hate them all." His words were muffled but Taehyung heard him just fine, squeezing him slightly.

"Me too."

++++

When everyone woke up, they led him down to the living room. It was crowded because of the amount of hybrids and the house wasn't exactly huge either. But it was okay for Jungkook, as long as they weren't in danger, they could survive this.

"Here. Mr. Kim made food for everyone, he's an amazing cook." Jungkook accepted the chicken soup from Namjoon with a smile, feeling his stomach grumble and he dug in immediately.

He didn't know what they were going to do, they obviously couldn't live in a world where hybrids were looked down on and actually killed. He would suggest a lot of stuff, starting another war being one of those suggestions, but he didn't want any blood shed. If there was anyway he could fix all of this without a single drop of blood being spilt, he would do it in a heartbeat.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked up, seeing Mr. Min there and the older man patted his shoulder - as if he'd read his mind and approved of what he'd thought - before going over to his husband who was distributing the food with Hoseok.

Seeing the family together brought a smile to his face and then his face brightened as an idea struck him.

His parents!