Chapter 38

It was risky thing. Contacting his parents would put them in danger. Maybe they would go after anyone who had associated themselves with them. Especially relatives.

However, they had to, his family - well, his great-great grandmother really - had many seats in the Ten's council because they were powerful fairies. Their family was a clan, one of many, in fact, but they were big and influential. He knew his gran could do something, help them find a way. She always was the one with the kind yet rock hard heart.

"Why are you nervous?" Jungkook chuckled at the state Taehyung was in, a big ball of nerves that was going to explode soon.

"I'm not nervous." He so was. "I'm as calm as someone meeting his best match's parents." That brought another giggle from Jungkook, which made Taehyung crack a small smile.

They were close to his parents house, a fairy having opened a portal for them to go through. Not too close so that they weren't seen by the humans, it would've been just another load over their already heavy one.

It was still such a hard thing to take in, that he was Taehyung's best match. What were the odds that the year he went to this school, he'd find someone compatible with him and also turn his world on its axis?

Seeing how Taehyung wasn't going to admit he was nervous, he pulled the witch over to their neighbors back yard. These people were never home and bought the house just to boast about the fact that they have multiple ones all across the town. So they were safe from being seen.

"Yah, Taehyung, we'll be fine. They're my parents and I'm half shapeshifter, which means that at some point, they married a shapeshifter. They wouldn't hate you or our relationship, trust me." Taehyung looked up to stare at him and Jungkook blushed.

"What?"

"You said 'our relationship'."

"Do you not want to be in a relationship with me?"

"I didn't wait almost 17 years of my life suffering through a curse only to throw my best match away. I'm not dumb." Jungkook's bright smile might actually have the power to light up the whole world. Or specifically, Taehyung's world.

"Good. Now that you've stopped being nervous." He hadn't even noticed. "We can go. The back door should be open since it's around noon and dad usually likes to have his coffee and cake out in the garden." Taehyung raised an eyebrow but didn't comment and Jungkook lifted himself up the fence and jumped down, startling his dad who actually was having his coffee and cake.

"Wha—Jungkook?!" Taehyung then landed next to him and Jungkook's dad's eyes widened and pointed at the witch. "Who are you?!" Jungkook had to stifle a giggle as his mom also ran outside, freezing midway at the sight of her son and some boy she hadn't met or even seen before.

"Hi mom, hi dad. Surprise?"

One thing was for sure. He had a lot of explaining to do. And by the end of it, his mom and dad were slouched on the couches in the living room, and had grim looks on their faces.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm so sorry that you had to learn about your powers this way. We've had the gene for shapeshifters for decades but it had always been dormant so we thought it might stay that way. If we'd known it would show in you..." His mom's face looked pained and he patted her hand.

"I know you meant no harm, mom. But our friends and family and everyone is in danger. Just because the Principle and Ten hate hybrids and want them dead." Jungkook's dad looked puzzled.

"But are you sure the Ten are involved in this? They're one of the wisest, oldest and most respected of each specie. I really don't think they would encourage such slaughter, especially after the war." Taehyung pursed his lips and looked down.

"But the Principle wouldn't have been able to do any of these things if he didn't have permission to the Ten. You know he answers to them and only them." His dad still looked skeptical but he sighed and got up, going to the phone and picking it up, dialing a number.

"Dear, what are you doing?" His mom looked at his dad and the man smiled slightly.

"I'm calling the only person who might have a solution. Dear Old Gran."