Chapter 45

"Why did we have to take the giants?" Namjoon's wings twitched nervously as they walked closer to the giant's den.

The giants lived inside a series of mountains that connected through tunnels, each mountain having a village right in its heart. They live in such a way because it would be easier to defend themselves should another war start. The last one causing their numbers to dwindle because of the amount of giants sent to fight in the war.

Maybe it would help them win them over.

"Well, we took the easy ones—"

"Your parents decided on the mermaids and vampires, how did we take the easier ones? If anything, we took the hard ones. Giants and banshees, how are we going to get into the school to talk to the Vice Principle without getting caught and killed?" Hoseok stared at Namjoon, who looked dead serious, and started laughing so hard he almost doubled over.

"Oh in the name of the coven—" He burst into another fit of laughter that made Namjoon scowl.

"Fine, if it's so funny then I suppose you wouldn't mind doing this alone." Hoseok stopped him before he could turn around, wiping the tears from his eyes and calming himself down.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Listen, the giants aren't going to take so long, a few hours at most and we're two of who know the school best. I'm sure we can sneak in through one of the secret passageways and if the Vice Principle is on our side, I'm pretty sure she would have no problem hiding us until we can go to her people. That is, if she even lets us." Namjoon frowned, looking to the opening at the bottom of the mountain.

"Doesn't matter right now, does it? Come on, let's get this over with. We're going to have to act quickly if they don't accept to help us." Hoseok nodded, taking the younger's hand and leading them into the cave.

They'd already contacted the giants through letters and they'd accepted to meet them to discuss important matters. So the intrusion was expected and there were two giants, a female and male, waiting for them halfway through.

"Follow us." They did, looking around and noticing the other holes that either led up or down, if the stairs were anything to go by.

The passages weren't like the ones in school, left as they were and not fixed. The roof was still rock, that much was obvious, but the ground wasn't just left as dirt but was covered with wood, that was until they reached the village where everything turned back to rock and dirt, but the view was as enchanting as ever.

The houses old fashioned, made out of straws or wood, not much they could do inside a cave, Namjoon guessed. But that wasn't what caught their attention, it was the many fields of crops and the gardens, so green and flourishing that he was sure they were using magic to keep them alive, with the lack of sunlight and everything. There was a stream also leading inside the mountain, and through the village and into a rather small pond. The place was definitely much more bigger than they had expected, but they should've. These creatures were giants and needed their space.

"Do you want to take a rest from your journey or would you like to meet the elders immediately?" The female giant turned to them and they both unintentionally flinched, you really can't blame them, they were out of it.

"Uh—we'd like to meet the elders immediately if you don't mind. The sooner the better." The two giants nodded, leading them down the stairs that are attached to the mountain, leading them into the village. There was a rather big house in the very back of the village, the giants coming out or turning to stare at them as they walked over.

The elders weren't much, only three of them, a woman and two men. The two giants that escorted them stood on both their sides like guards as the elders addressed them.

"You asked for an audience with us and we accepted, for we didn't wish to be viewed as enemies. We're not political creatures, as you well know, and you told us that it takes us agreeing on whatever you're going to ask of us, to overthrow the Ten. Now why would we do that?" The three were staring at them, trying to dig deep into their souls but they stand up straighter and try to look like they weren't terrified of being crushed if these giants were angered.

"Because if you don't, your species are in danger of them coming to kill you or test each one of you to see if you have any other genes besides that of a giant. So let's say a quarter of the giants aren't pure, they're hybrids. Mermaid, fairy, vampire, any kind of hybrid creature and they get killed to make sure they don't breed more hybrids. Can you stand that blow? It's already hard for giants, seeing as their gestation periods take almost a year and you're all reluctant when talking about children, because of that matter and all the pain that comes with it. When the time comes and the Ten show up with an army, demanding to test each and every one of you, would you survive after that? Wouldn't it be better to take out side and make sure that all of our species live on?"

Hoseok's words pierced a part of the giants, as their hands turned to fists at the thought of enduring more of what had happened during the time of the war. That was what helped them, they'd taken advantage of the fact that these creatures were scared of going extinct. And that was what made them turn to the two with fire in their eyes.

"How do we help?"