Chapter 4

They brought in some dying plants into the room and told him to make them healthy again. That was so easy for him because it's practically what a fairy learns the moment they are born, he barely flicked his hand before they sprung to life, blooming and popping some flowers on the stems.

Next thing they asked him was to kill the plants again. This one was slightly harder seeing as he needs to concentrate all of his powers into sucking the life source from them. Slowly but surely they shriveled up and then turned to dust, leaving only the soil and he was slightly out of breath, though he tried to hide it.

Last thing they told him to do, was to suck the life out of a squirrel. Jungkook saw as they brought the creature in, it was in a cage and he looked up unbelieving at the Principle, expecting them to say it was a joke but they were as serious as they come.

He took a deep breath and concentrated all of his powers into sucking the life force from the squirrel, something so small yet it took so much power from a fairy or even a pixie. At first, the squirrel made no signs of dying but slowly it twitched and fell from the branch it was holding on to, it squirmed inside the cage like a madman and Jungkook had to pant as he flicked his hand one last time and the squirrel went still.

He could feel the beads of sweat on his forehead and he stood back straight after he noticed he had started slouching because of the amount of magic he had used. Even if taking the life source of something gives you more power, it still makes you so exhausted that you can barely stand on your feet.

He could only imagine what would happen to him if he tried to take the life source of something bigger than a squirrel. This is probably why they used something so small yet enough to know the power of the fairy.

He stood with Mr. Min as the Principle and Vice Principles discussed what level he would be and could feel the shadow of nervousness creeping up on him, his wings beating against each other even though he wasn't floating.

"After much consideration, we have finally made a decision." Jungkook was bouncing on the soles of his feet and had to stop himself so he didn't look so silly.

"Jeon Jungkook. Status: Fairy. And now, student of the Magix Academy Level A."