Chapter 30

"You can't just force your mind to change, Jungkook-ssi. It doesn't work that way." Aesook flicked his forehead and he huffed, his lips turning to a pout.

"Then how does it work? It obviously has something to do with your will to change." The girl shrugged her shoulders and popped a grape into her mouth, not answering him. They'd been trying with him for three days now, but he wasn't showing improvement at all. Junho said it was normal, that it would take him at least a month to fully control his hair color, changing his whole body was another matter completely.

But he didn't want to wait a month, he was an impatient person and liked to immediately be good at something. Ever since he was young he'd been a successful child and he didn't want that to change now.

"Cheer up, slut. It took me a year and a half. And I'm half werewolf, it's harder for non-magical creatures to get a hang off this. You're half fairy, this should be a breeze for you." Kaeyoung snorted at his glare and pinched his nose, earning her a slap on the shoulder.

"Easy for you to say when you've finally gotten good at it." Junho chuckled and patted his head, sitting down next to him and opposite of Aesook.

"Be patient, Jungkook-ssi. You'll get there." Jungkook sighed and pursed his lips before nodding.

"Can we start again?" The three's eyes widened and they looked at each other.

"It's getting late, Jungkook-ssi. If we stay out for a long while we'll be tired and someone is bound to notice that we're gone from the dorms for such a long while."

We can't risk it.

It went unspoken but Jungkook could feel it hanging in the air, so he didn't push. He would just go back to his room and practice in the mirror with an orb so that he didn't disturb Namjoon too much.

Taehyung, who was dozing off on the opposite table, snapped his eyes open and sat up quickly when he felt a hand touch his shoulder. Out of reflex, he grabbed the hand and slammed it down, pulling the person along with it.

Jungkook yelped, glaring up at the witch who finally realized what he did.

"Have you finally gone crazy?!" Taehyung blinked a few times, letting Jungkook's hand go and rubbing his eyes. If it were another time, Jungkook would've said he looked cute but he wasn't exactly in the best mood right now.

"Sorry, thought you might be someone else. Are you done?" Taehyung yawned and jumped down the table, stretching his muscles, sighing at the relaxing feeling of his joints popping into place.

"Yeah." The fairy gazed at Taehyung, noticing how tired he looked.

"If you can't escort me here every time, you don't have to. I can come here myself." The witch shook his head, unconsciously holding Jungkook's hand and pulling him along to exit the hall.

"'S fine. I have nothing better to do and two eyes keeping watch is better than one. Besides, who would be your knight when you get into trouble?" Jungkook huffed and smacked Taehyung's shoulder, seeing the older's shoulders shaking from laughter.

They kept quiet through their journey to the fairy dorms, not wanting to draw any attention to them if anyone was walking through these halls at this time.

"You should come in and sleep. You'll get caught going back to your dorms." Jungkook whispered when they finally arrived in front of his dorm door.

"Yeah but I'll get caught coming out of your dorm if I stay." Jungkook grinned and Taehyung knew that didn't imply anything good.

"We could always do what we did at the witch dorms again." The witch stiffened at the mention of doing that and Jungkook stifled his laughter behind his hand.

"Come on, we'll wake up early." Jungkook pulled Taehyung inside, the older half-heartedly protesting but once his body hit the soft mattress with Jungkook's body between him and the wall.

It didn't take that long to fall asleep.