Chapter 26

There was no Taehyung when he woke up, but his warmth lingered on Jungkook's skin even after he had showered and gotten dressed for the day.

Namjoon looked dazed all throughout and even missed when Mr. Min called for him to collect the homework's he'd given where they had to write about the war from somewhere other than the book.

Jungkook wasn't in the mood to ask and he knew Namjoon would tell him in due time. On the other hand, Jimin was as perky as ever, trying to be a ray of sunshine in their lives.

He appreciated it, but it wasn't working. And the way Hoseok was staring Namjoon down was uncomfortable so he slammed his hand on the table - thank god the cafeteria was too noisy for anyone to hear - and it startled all three creatures.

"Yah! Jungkook! What was that for?" Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin, who scoffed and shot him a glare, and then turned to Hoseok and Namjoon.

"Care to tell us what you've both been fidgeting about all day? And you—" He pointed at Hoseok. "—stop being a lovesick idiot." The vampire turned the shade of blood and so did Namjoon. It made him look suspiciously between the two, what the heck had they done when they'd snuck out?

"It's nothing important. I just took Namjoon to a meeting. He met my parents, we told them about the Principle and then came back." Jungkook would've pointed out that they'd come back five in the morning but then his brain short circuited at 'parents'.

"....what?"

++++

So that's how they ended up in the current situation, in Mr. Kim's office, after having grabbed Taehyung from the middle of his literature lesson by lying and saying that they had permission. But that was fine because Mr. Min, who was also there, said that he'd cover for them for the sake of his son.

His son.

Hoseok, the vampire-mermaid hybrid, was the child of their History and Potions professors who couldn't be more different and yet were married.

"So you two are the ones who snuck into the Principle's office." Jungkook turned a bright shade of red under Mr. Min's calculating gaze while Taehyung tried to look nonchalant but was failing extravagantly.

"Yes, I wanted to show Jungkook what the principle was doing because I had a guess he might be a hybrid from the way his eyes changed color, and I wasn't sure if he knew. So it was a spontaneous decision."

"Also a risky, very dangerous and could've gotten you killed." They winced with everything that Mr. Kim listed off and Jungkook played with his fingers. Mr. Kim smiled. "Yet it's something that's going to help us save many lives. Including Hoseok's, so we thank you."

Taehyung nodded in thanks and Jungkook bowed down slightly. Mr. Min looked at each and every one of them before laying down around 10 maps of the school ranging from how it was built, the secret doors, the mermaid water tubes, and underground tunnels.

"Now, we start forming a plan."