Chapter 33

They stopped going to the meetings.

They weren't happy but it was best so they wouldn't endanger the others. He trained in his room alone or in the middle of the night sometimes but other than that, nothing changed.

Jungkook was just constantly paranoid, thinking that they were watching him and calculating his every move for whatever sick reason they convinced themselves was a good idea.

He was even scared when he tried changing hair colors in his own room because the Principle could be spying on him and he didn't know. But then he thought rationally, if the Principle had known from the beginning, he would've put an end to this rebellion before it had even started. That man didn't play around.

At least his shapeshifting had gotten better and he could now control his hair color and the texture, but he still had a long way to go before he could do anything to his body.

"Jungkook." He snapped out of his thoughts and lifted his head up to glance at Namjoon, who looked worried. The older had been ever since they'd realized that he was probably being watched.

"What?"

"You're spacing out again. Our Midterms are in a week, you should really study and stop worrying about the Principle." Jungkook shook his head and opened his History book. It was funny how their first exam was History and their last was Potions.

When Jungkook saw Taehyung come in through the library doors, he immediately jumped up and went to hug the other. He'd gotten oddly affectionate with the witch, in a way he wasn't even with his parents.

"Thank god you're here. Namjoon was going to bore me to death." The other fairy huffed and batted his wings indignantly. He nodded at Taehyung before going back to his book. It was like he was giving permission to Taehyung to kidnap him or something and Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

"Come on, I want to have some private time with you." Jungkook blushed and shivered when Taehyung whispered in his ear. His fingers balling up Taehyung's shirt and he quickly pulled away before he embarrassed himself more.

"Where could we even go at this time of day? We'll be seen." But the mischievous grin on the witch's face told him different and he couldn't help but have a matching grin on his face.

He left his bag with Namjoon since they had the same class next and the fairy could just take it for him. He followed Taehyung as they passed students, some hurrying to a class they were late for while others just strolled around on their free period, like Taehyung and Jungkook so it wasn't suspicious that they were together because almost everyone knew they were friends.

"Is it another secret passage?" Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and grinned.

"Not quite. It's much better, found it while going through the maps of the school that Mr. Min and Mr. Kim had supplied."

Oh. Jungkook's grin widened because there probably were more secret passages and such all around the school than there were classrooms.

They arrive at another abandoned hallway - this school has too many - and Taehyung looked around to make sure no one was coming and then knocked on the wall around six times.

And suddenly a door appeared.