Chapter 29

"You're trying to get us killed!" Jungkook whisper shouted and Taehyung hushed him, dragging the fairy down the hallway and checking left and right for any teacher that might appear.

"Where are you taking me?" Taehyung stopped in front of a wall and Jungkook crosses his arms after snatching back the one that was in Taehyung's hand. "Well?" The witch rolled his eyes and pulled down a painting, pushing a brick and the wall diagonal to it slid back, scaring Jungkook who had been leaning against it.

He raised an eyebrow at Taehyung who grinned and pulled him inside. The fairy thought it must've been one of the many 'secret' passageways around the school, but when they reached a large hall-like room, he was proven wrong.

There weren't many hybrids there, because it was in the middle of the night and not the date for them to gather. But there were still a few, especially dryads who were working on the tunnel for the mermaids. He saw Namjoon, Hoseok, and BoAh standing next to the hole, supervising and helping the dryads, somehow.

They'd decided three weeks ago to dig the hole here because it was the safest. It also allowed the mermaids to get quick access instead of having to come out of the water and go into another tube to get to the tunnel.

"How far have they dug?" Was the first question that came to his mind and that came out of his mouth when they approached the three.

"We should be finished in a week, the water will be muddy once we fill it up but the mermaids said as long as their lives would be saved, they didn't mind getting a little dirty." Taehyung nodded in understand and then raised an eyebrow, nudging his head at Namjoon and BoAh who had their arms crossed, facing away from each other and had lightning crackling between them.

Hoseok sighed.

"Don't ask. I don't understand what's wrong with them but Namjoon's not a child and he'll solve it himself if he wants to." The vampire turned and then went back to the two, Namjoon peeled up immediately but BoAh still looked like she'd rather die.

"Jealousy?" Taehyung flinched when Jungkook suddenly appeared next to him. He slowly turned to look at him before shrugging.

"Maybe? Most probably. Though I can't tell whose jealous of who. Is BoAh jealous of Namjoon or is she jealous of Hoseok?" Jungkook frowned and looked at the three.

"Why would she be jealous of Hoseok? I would've thought she liked him." The witch tched and flicked Jungkook's forehead.

"Don't be so close-minded. She could've liked Namjoon for a while now but because of the difference in species and having never talked to him, she didn't want to confess. And then Hoseok swooped in and snatched him away and now she doesn't just hate Hoseok, she hates both of them."

"That doesn't really make sense but if it doesn't interfere with what we're doing, I don't see the problem in letting them stretch this out a little longer so they find a solution." Taehyung crossed his arm and pursed his lips.

"I don't know. Maybe we should tell Namjoon." The fairy shook his head and glared at Taehyung.

"And what would that do besides further make the situation awkward between the two? And imagine Hoseok when he realizes someone likes Namjoon, his crush. He'd become so depressed and insecure more than the poor vampire already is." Taehyung sighed and nodded, turning on his heel to head back out and then stretched his hand out for Jungkook.

"Well, this wasn't why I brought you here." Jungkook cocked his head to the side, the question evident on his face and Taehyung's lips quirked upward.

"Then what did you bring me here for?" The grin finally enveloped his face and he pulled Jungkook over to a group that was chatting together on a table close to the pool.

"Taehyung-ssi, you came, we were starting to think you were going to bail and we'd have to leave." The witch rolled his eyes at the boy that stood up to come over and hug him, Jungkook frowned. When did Taehyung become friends with these creatures?

"Yeah, yeah. It's not like I asked for help because I needed it." Taehyung turned to Jungkook and pushed him forward.

"Jeon Jungkook, Park Junho. Park Junho, Jeon Jungkook. They are all half shapeshifter hybrid and I talked to them so you can control your abilities." Jungkook's eyes widened as he glanced at the five creatures slowly standing up from their seats, all smiling and looking excited.

"Nice to meet you, Jungkook-ssi. We hope to become great friends.