Chapter 36

"Let us go and no one has to get hurt!" Some of the fairies broke off to stand in front of the others who were still holding the portal open, which shrunk considerably but the hybrids continued passing through as best as they could.

Namjoon was the one who shouted at the Principle and Jungkook stood next to him, both of their hands at the ready to cast shields or curses at the man.

The Vice Principles were there as well, each one of them snarling at them or glaring. Except her. The Banshee. Jungkook could see that she was passive, not an emotion in sight, she wasn't screaming which meant no one was going to die. That was one relief.

"Letting you go is not an option. Hybrids are abominations to this world and have to be eliminated immediately." Jungkook and Namjoon scrunched their faces up in disgust.

"How did you even find us?" The Principle's smile was unsettling and they all gaped when Jimin stood up and walked over to the Principle to stand next to him. Loud gasps rang through the forest.

"Not everyone is loyal, it seems." Hoseok's has dropped slightly before his face hardened.

"Jimin...how could you?! We trusted you!" The shapeshifter's face remained emotionless as he looked at Hoseok.

"That was your mistake. Your species should not be alive, you all deserve to be dead." They flinched at Jimin's harsh words. They hadn't expected this, of course they hadn't. Jimin was supposed to be their friend, the person they trusted the most. And that really was their mistake.

"Now, you will bring back all the abominations that went through the portal and surrender. You might outnumber us, but we still are more powerful." Jungkook glared at the Principle who had a smug grin on his face.

"We could do that. But you forgot something." Jungkook shifted to look at Namjoon and saw the glint in his eyes, along with the white light enveloping his hands and his eyes widened, lips curling into a smirk.

"We're fairies." The few of them that had broken off from the rest, connected all their energy together, focusing it on the Principle and the hoard of creatures behind him. Sucking the life force out of them as much as they could to leave them with barely any power left.

Not all of them were strong enough and two fairies let go after a while, completely spent and not able to go on. They couldn't hope to suck all the life forces out of this many creatures, but they were trying to take as much as they could before collapsing.

Suddenly, a deafening scream rang through the place. The scream of a Banshee. Everyone covered their ears and curled up in agony.

The fairies hold on the Principle and the creatures broke but they were too weak to even get up from their knees so they had nothing to fear from them anymore.

They saw why the Banshee had screamed, they'd killed at least 10 of the creatures. Mostly vampires and werewolves because of their lack of magical force.

Jungkook turned to look at the woman once she stopped and she seemed to be staring deep into his soul. He heard a woman's voice screaming in his head 'GO! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!' and before he could even comprehend what she'd said, he was being hoisted up by Taehyung and Namjoon.

He regained enough of his bearings to walk on his own, seeing Mr. Min and Mr. Kim push the last of the hybrids through the portal as the fairies let go one by one, running towards it to jump through.

Namjoon mustered up whatever force he had left and kept the portal open for the last fairy to go through and he let go just as they had jumped, falling down on the ground just as it closed behind them with a crack of magic.

He saw the blurry figures of Taehyung, Namjoon, Hoseok, Mr. Min and Mr. Kim hovering over him but he didn't think about it further as he closed his eyes and the darkness enveloped him.