Chapter 24

Hoseok winced at Namjoon's reaction and then scratched the back of his neck like a child who forgot to do something important and they just realized it.

"Oh right, Namjoon, uh, they-they're my parents. Appa and Dad are purebloods themselves but I was the hybrid...." Namjoon's eyes widened comically and Mr. Kim tutted, shaking his head at how bad his son handled that - his son, why was that so weird to think about?

His professors, Min Yoongi and Kim Seokjin were the parents of his crush.

Mr. Kim placed his hand on Namjoon's shoulder, turning the younger's attention to him. The warm smile on the mermaid's calmed his nerves down slightly. Did mermaids have this effect on everyone? He wasn't sure but he definitely didn't hate it. He wondered if Hoseok inherited more from Mr. Kim or Mr. Min. Probably the mermaid because Mr. Min didn't really look anything like Hoseok, in personality or looks.

"I guess it's a bit of a shock, isn't it? Not knowing that two of your professors were married and further more, the parents of your friend." Namjoon nodded, smiling slightly at the older and taller.

Too be honest, he wasn't put off as much about the fact that they were both men and hybrids it was just that...well, both professors had such different personalities that it was hard to see them together. Also, Mr. Min really looked like he would be single for the rest of his life so it had to be the biggest shock in his life to know he was actually married.

But he couldn't really judge, everyone deserved to find someone they cared about and who cared about them.

"Yeah, slightly. But it's okay, I'm actually very excited to know this. So you're both married? Then why are your last names different? Hoseok's as well. Did it hurt when you carried him? I haven't met any male couples and-" Mr. Kim's chuckle cut him off and he realized he had been rambling and when he rambled he spouted out...embarrassing questions and words. Like he just did.

"I understand you're a curious one Namjoon. But maybe you'll wait a little longer until you're older, hardly doubt it's completely appropriate for you to ask this of your professors." Namjoon blushed and looked down, playing with his fingers.

"Sorry. Just a habit."

"It's alright. I'll answer just a question, we couldn't have the same last names because they'd know me and Yoongi are married or related somehow and that would be bad. As for Hoseok, we just thought him not having any connection to us would be the best way to go about it and till now, we haven't been caught so we just went with it." Namjoon nodded in understanding and then the professors left them. The fairy looked up at Hoseok and bit his lips.

"Your parents are amazing." He couldn't help but blurt out, because one, they were cool and two, they were a hybrid couple. They couldn't get any more amazing but they could because they had Hoseok and that might be the best thing they've accomplished in their life.

It was Hoseok's turn to blush at the compliment and then he cleared his throat, not wanting to show how much that affected him.

"Thanks, you're amazing yourself. I think everyone is here now. I'm going to go and tell them about what Jungkook and Taehyung told us." Namjoon nodded and watch Hoseok walk away, a bright smile hiding behind his hand.