09. Surprise!

"She is someone who you can truly rely on. She is the person to fall on when you are in need."
— Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

§ §

Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Buckingham, are delighted to announce that The Duchess of Buckingham is expecting their sixth child.

The Duke and Duchess of Buckingham, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, and members of both families are delighted by the news. The Duchess is in excellent health. The Duchess hopes to continue to undertake some public engagements but regrets any disappointment caused by any curtailment in her planned program.

§ §

"How far along are you, Jennie?" Sarah asked me.

"Fifteen weeks along," I answered her.

"I was shocked when I heard the news; I thought they made a mistake," Beatrice said.

I nodded.

"Imagine my shock when I found out at a routine check-up. I kept telling the doctor that she had the wrong room," I said with a chuckle.

"You must be excited," Eugenie said.

"Honestly, I'm scared; there's going to be an age gap of ten years between the twins and this baby," I said.

"So, the queen made it work. Anne and Andrew are ten years apart," Sarah said.

"Very accurate, but Anne and Andrew are not even close, and that's what I'm worried about; my kids are tight, and I don't want them not to bond with the new baby," I said.

"I'm sure the kids are very excited for the new baby," Beatrice said.

"And I'm pretty sure that Benjamin is happy not to be the baby anymore," Eugenie said.

I laughed.

"I never thought about that; thank you, ladies. I feel a lot better now," I said.

"And don't worry about the media; you are an inspiration for older women who want to have children later in life," Sarah said.

"I wasn't worried about the media, but I'm happy to look at it that way," I said.

§ §

Pregnant Duchess of Buckingham Perfects Between-Season Style in Printed Dress and Chain Strap Sandals

The Duchess of Buckingham mastered dressing between seasons in her latest look.

While out with her children in London, the pregnant royal wore a printed midi dress

While out with her children in London, the pregnant royal wore a printed midi dress. The orange and black number featured a flowing skirt, as well as short sleeves and a geometric print. Its neckline also included gold buttons, with two coordinating button accents on either side.

Princess Jennifer kept her accessories minimal, pairing the piece with simple black sunglasses, two delicate layered necklaces, and a thin gold bangle.

§ §

British Royal family members joined Queen Elizabeth II for a Sunday Service at Crathie Kirk in Balmoral on August 18, 2019

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II looked in high spirits as she rode in the back of the chauffered vehicle with her daughter Princess Jennifer, Duchess of Buckingham.

Two weeks after announcing her pregnancy, The Duchess of Buckingham looked smart in a black trilby hat and blue coat as she rode in the back of the car with the Queen to the service in Crathie Kirk, Balmoral.

Prince Charles, 70, and wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 72, traveled in a separate car in front of Her Majesty while The Queen's youngest son, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, was all smiles as he and his family arrived for the service.

Queen Elizabeth II, sporting a smart pale blue coat dress with a matching hat adorned with a large flower, for a Sunday Service at church in Balmoral.

§ §

Meghan had invited me to join her at the photoshoot for the capsule collection to benefit her patronage Smart Works.

Meghan and I surprised a group of women as they arrive to the collection's photo shoot.

Meghan excitedly puts her hand to her face as the women come up the stairs to greet her with a hug.

Then she proceeds to help direct the shoot from the sidelines and even styles the women.

"What do you think, aunt Jennie?" Meghan asked me.

I smiled then nodded my head.

"It's wonderful," I answered.

Meghan is animated as she laughs and jokes around on set.

§ §

§                                                                                  §

1,281,578 likes

buckinghamroyal The Duchess of Buckingham attended attended Lauren Muller's DUVBAS, presented by The Queen's Gallery to support the foundation of the royal creative arts.

View all 12,890 comments