La Reina | British Royal Family

🔝Chapter Five | Ari,Ari!🔝

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Britain's 'most eligible bachelor' the Duke of Westminster, 27, who inherited £10bn is secretly engaged to Princess Ariana of Wales

Here's some news to have female hearts breaking across the nation: Britain's most eligible young bachelor is said to be off on the singles' market.

I hear that the Duke of Westminster, 27, who inherited a £10 billion fortune when his father died two years ago, is engaged to Princess Ariana of Wales, 31.

'They are very much a couple,' claims one of their friends. 'They've been together for two years and have so much in common.'

Hugh, who studied countryside management at Newcastle University, has taken Ariana on a luxury holiday to California and reports last year said the couple are 'blissfully happy' and also where he proposed to the Princess.

He became Britain's youngest billionaire on the death of his father, Gerald.

As well as inheriting the title, he gained control of a property empire with 300 acres in Mayfair and Belgravia, as well as land in Cheshire, Oxford, Scotland and Spain.

A friend of the royals, Hugh was asked by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2013 to be Prince George's godfather.

He was, though, brought up to be without airs and graces and began his education at a state primary near the family home of Eaton Hall, Cheshire.

A spokesman for the estate declines to discuss Hugh's love life, telling me: 'It has long been our policy not to comment on personal matters.'

-

"Who leaked it?" I asked as I sat behind my desk on the phone with the journalist who just posted the article about Hugh and I.

"Your Royal Highness, it was an royal insider." Eden answered.

"Thank you very much, Eden." I said.

"You're Welcome, Your Royal Highness." Eden said as I ended the call, Hugh walked in.

"We should just announce it, Ariana." Hugh said as he took a seat across from me.

"I know who leaked it. I don't know how he found out but yes, we should." I said.

"I should probably go and talk to your father about our engagement and ask for your hand in marriage." Hugh said.

"We're definitely not doing this in the correct order, Hugh." I said.

"Nothing about us is normal and traditional which I love us so much." Hugh said.

-