Heres To Us | Chapter Five

Chapter Five | Eugenie & Jack's Wedding

•••Article•••

Princess Beatrice Supports Princess Eugenie as Maid of Honor at the Royal Wedding
Princess Beatrice proves the power of sisterhood while Princess Eugenie makes her way down the aisle.

Princess Beatrice Supports Princess Eugenie as Maid of Honor at the Royal WeddingPrincess Beatrice proves the power of sisterhood while Princess Eugenie makes her way down the aisle

As Princess Eugenie makes her way down to Windsor Castle for her royal nuptials, she is kept in good company as her sister and maid of honor Princess Beatrice is by her side.

It's no surprise that Eugenie has her sister by her side as she walks down the aisle; the pair are less than two years apart, and incredibly close, even saying they are each other's "rock." Eugenie even served as Maid of honor at Beatrice's wedding back in 2015.

In addition to the maid of honor, we were excited to see the rest of the wedding party today. Page boys include Prince George and Louis de Givenchy, and the bridesmaids are Princess Charlotte, Savannah Phillips, Isla Phillips, Mia Tindall, Maud Windsor, and Theodora Williams.

The couple also has two special attendants, Lady Louise Windsor and James Viscount Severn. Jack's brother Thomas will serve as best man, and as was first revealed earlier this summer, Eugenie's sister Beatrice will serve as her maid of honor.

Princess Beatrice delivered an emotional yet unusual reading from F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. The passage selected features narrator Nick Carraway describing Jay Gatsby's smile, as he meets him for the first time. You can read the full passage here.

In an August interview in British Vogue, the Queen's granddaughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie spoke candidly about the pressures they face in the public eye, and what it's really like to be modern royals.

"Euge is amazing," Beatrice says of her sister. "She's a very modern bride."

When asked about her maid of honor an interview with TLC, Princess Eugenie said, "I can't think of anyone I'd want by my side other than her."

Finally the car pulled smoothly up to the steps that lead into the Chapel. Without waiting for the driver to open the door, Beatrice climbed out with all the grace of an butterfly . She approached the large doors as she walked in along side her mother and Carl.

"Welcome Your Royal Highness." The man in the official uniform responded.

Beatrice smiled and walked in. She smiled and waved at the few people who looked her way before taking a seat in front to Catherine, who sent her a quick smile before Beatrice turned facing forward.

Soon she was instructed to stand for the entrance of the bride and a swell of music filled the Chapel.

Eugenie looked beautiful when she finally came into view. It had taken her six minutes to get to where Beatrice could see her, but it was worth the wait. Beatrice could tell she was shaking slightly causing the bouquet in her hands to seem to shiver. Her dress was very different. The dress, a long-sleeved ivory gown with a flowing train, folded shoulders, and a low back, revealed scars from a back operation the princess underwent aged 12. With no veil, she chose to accessorize with the Greville Emerald tiara (borrowed from her grandmother, the Queen) made her look even more incredible. She seemed to glide.

She reached Jack who took her hand. They both smiled.

Beatrice has to control herself from crying as Carl held her hand, squeezing it.

The congregation sang a hymn, and then everyone was seated.

The bishop then began the ceremony with some speech on the importance of marriage as an institution both in life, in religion and in the monarchy.

Then the bishop looked up and addressed the congregation.

"So if anyone here present knows of any lawful impediment why they may not be joined in matrimony I charge you now, in the presence of God, to declare it." The bishop said.

The bishop swept the room with his eyes before satisfied that no-one would speak and turned back to his bible.

The wedding ceremony went on.

The Dean of Windsor presided over the couple as they exchanged vows and rings. Jack went first, professing, "I, Jack Christopher Stamp, take thee, Eugenie Victoria Helena to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

When it came time for the royal bride to state her vows, Eugenie said, "I Eugenie Victoria Helena take thee Jack Christopher Stamp to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

Following in the footsteps of Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton, Eugenie decided to remove the word "obey"from her wedding oaths, a trend that Princess Diana kicked off at her 1981 nuptials. Also sticking with royal wedding customs, Brooksbank did not receive a wedding band, a commonality among men in the House of Windsor.

Relatives of the bride and groom took turns giving readings. Jack's cousin, Charles Brooksbank, delivered an excerpt from from St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians. I chose to read a snippet from The Great Gatsby.

After a rendition of the national anthem, Eugenie curtsied to the queen then Eugenie and Brooksbank exited St. George's Chapel as husband and wife, sealing their newlywed status with a kiss on the steps.

Wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank

The wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank took place on 12 October 2018 at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in the United Kingdom. The bride, Princess Eugenie of York, is a member of the British royal family. The groom, Jack Brooksbank, is a British wine merchant, brand ambassador of Casamigos Tequila and socialite. The Dean of Windsor, David Conner, officiated at the wedding using the standard Anglican church service for Holy Matrimony published in Common Worship, the liturgical text of the Church of England. Princess Eugenie was the first British princess of the royal blood to marry in the Church of England since the wedding of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips 45 years before.