016. Wikipedia

Chapter Sixteen | Wikipedia

👑Thorbjørn👑

Prince Thorbjørn of Norway (born 24 May 1978) Thorbjøn Christian is the second son and youngest child of King Harald V and Queen Sonja, and fourth in line to succeed his father King Harald V, after his brother Crown Prince Haakon, niece Princess Ingrid Alexandra and nephew Prince Sverre Magnus. He was made the Duke of Clarence on his wedding day when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II made her granddaughter in her own right, The Duchess of Clarence.

In 2019, Thorbjørn married Princess Rose of Wales with whom he has a son. He has an older brother, Crown Prince Haakon and older sister, Princess Märtha Louise. In accordance with Norway's agnatic primogeniture succession, Thorbjørn became second in line when his father ascended the throne in 1991.

The Stikkelman Estate, is the official residence of the Prince and Princess in Norway, while Kensington Palace is the official residence of the couple in London.

Thorbjøn was born in 24 May 1978 at The National Hospital in Gaustad, Oslo, the second son and youngest child of Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja. His father was the son of the reigning Norwegian monarch, King Olav V. At birth he was named Thorbjørn Christian, and it was stressed in the announcement that he would go by the name Thorbjørn. When Thorbjørn was 13, his grandfather Olav died, leading to the ascension of his father as King Harald V and himself as second in line.

Thorbjøn has two sibling, Princess Märtha Louise of Norway (born 1971), Crown Prince Haakon of Norway (born 1973). In 1990, the Norwegian constitution was altered, granting absolute primogeniture to the Norwegian throne, meaning that the eldest child, regardless of gender, takes precedence in the line of succession. This was not, however, done retroactively (as, for example, Sweden had done in 1980), meaning that Haakon and Thorbjørn continues to take precedence over their older sister. He is also in the line of succession to the British throne, albeit highly removed, as a great-great-grandson of Edward VII.

Thorbjøn has served in the Royal Norwegian Navy, where he undertook his first-level officer's education at the Norwegian Naval Academy. This was then followed with a year aboard missile torpedo boats and other vessels.

He received a Master of Arts degree in political science from the University of Columbia in New York in 2004. Thorbjørn later attended lectures at the University of Oslo and took the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs' civil servant introductory course in 2006. He completed his education in 2009 at the London School of Economics, where he was awarded an MSc in development studies, specializing in international trade.

As of 15 November 2013, in the Royal Norwegian Navy his officer rank is Vice Admiral, and in the Norwegian Army and the Royal Norwegian Air Force his rank is Lieutenant General.

Thorbjøn married a Princess and mother of his son Princess Rose of Wales on 25 July 2019, at Oslo Cathedral. Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway was the best man. When the engagement between Prince Thorbjørn and Princess Rose was announced, many Norwegians felt that his choice of wife was perfect.

The couple have two children together: Prince Carl Olav George Henry (born 6 March 2019 in London) and Princess Anita Eugenie Sonja Diana (born 16 February 2020 in London).

24 May 1978- 25 July 2019 : His Royal Highness Prince Thorbjørn of Norway

25 July 2019 – present: His Royal Highness Prince Thorbjørn of Norway, The Duke of Clarence