Chapter One

Chapter One

Renee Markle buys The Priory

Renee Markle Has Reportedly Bought A £4,450,000 Mansion In Windsor

And she has very Royal neighbours.

Renee has reportedly purchased the mid-18th Century family home is perfect for entertaining in the summer with over five glorious acres, including a swimming pool and tennis courts, and conveniently located on the edge of the village of Old Windsor

Renee has reportedly purchased the mid-18th Century family home is perfect for entertaining in the summer with over five glorious acres, including a swimming pool and tennis courts, and conveniently located on the edge of the village of Old Windsor. There's even a secret garden, with chalet-style sauna and shower room hidden in the grounds. A summer barbecue with Harry, Meghan and the baby is definitely on the cards here. Inside the house are eight bedrooms, a gorgeous drawing and dining room and wine cellar. Plus, a studio flat for the housekeeper, of course.

The Sun reports that the actress is now living within distance to Frogmore Cottage: 1.6 miles. And that she purchased the home to be closer to sister, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and also mother, Doris, can have her own space when she comes to visit.

Key features:
8 bedrooms
5 reception rooms
5 bathrooms
Period
Garden
Land
Listed
Secondary accommodation
Swimming Pool
Tennis Court

Full description:

Tenure: Freehold

The Priory is an exceptional family house with orgins from the mid 18th Century and enjoys a superb setting on the edge of the village of Old Windsor. The property in total amounts to almost 8,000 sq. ft. in about 5.5 acres of attractive gardens which include a swimming pool and tennis court.

The majority of reception rooms are positioned off the elegant central reception hall, including the drawing room, dining room, sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room. Beyond the drawing room lies the opulent Octagon - now used as a music room. The Utility and Laundry are found in the Upper Cellar accessed from within the main house or via the Courtyard off the Kitchen. The Lower Cellar features a coal hole as well as a store with a vaulted ceiling, ideal for use as a wine cellar.

On the half landing lies one of the guest suites containing Bedroom 2, an en-suite Bathroom and Dressing Room. To the right hand side lies the Master Bedroom Suite with double doors leading to a Balcony. There is a Dressing Room as well as an en-suite Bathroom. The first floor holds two further suites as well as a double bedroom and family bathroom. The second floor offers two single Bedrooms and two doubles as well as a shared Shower Room.

Accessed via the courtyard near the Kitchen, lies the Studio Flat with a Kitchenette to one end and a separate Bathroom. Beyond the main garden, and well hidden from view, is the aptly-called Secret Garden where a Chalet style Studio lies, with a Sauna and Shower Room off it.

The Priory is surrounded by well maintained gardens and grounds which include a sunken Croquet Lawn with a Tennis Court to one side. There is a pond with a waterfall as well as a lily pond. There is also a large outdoor swimming pool.