013. Spotlight

Chapter Thirteen | Spotlight

"The ideal of a perfect family in the spotlight."

Thorbjørn and Rose had to adapt to a routine of being parent. It wasn't easy every day but they got used to it rather quickly and everyone around them helped run things smoothly for the couple.

As their son turned three months old, they took him everywhere -- with the nanny, always near. Rose never wanted a nanny but Evelyn was an angel and took care of Carl whenever they had commitments such as daytime engagements or evening dinners where they couldn't bring him. No matter what was going on in their schedules, they made their spent time with their growing son.

"Honestly, you two make it look easy." Meghan said as the four couples sat outside having dinner.

"Believe me, if it wasn't for Evelyn, we would fall flat on our faces but I can say Rose is a natural. It's like she's a baby whisperer." Thorbjørn said.

"Oh please, Carl calms down when he sees the breasts that is going to feed him." Rose said.

"Sounds like his father." William said, causing everyone to laugh.

"Hey!" Thorbjørn exclaimed.

Rose groaned, rubbing her stomach.

"Rose, are you okay?" Eugenie asked.

"That steak isn't sitting well with me. It's a pity because it was delicious." Rose answered.

Thorbjørn stroked her back, "Do you want some tea?" He asked.

"Yes, a tea would be perfect. Thank you, darling." Rose answered.

Thorbjørn kissed her cheek and disappeared into get her a tea.

"Rose?" Catherine asked.

"Yes." Rose replied.

"Are you okay?" Catherine asked.

The truth was, she had been feeling ill for most of the day, it had nothing to do with the steak but she didn't dare to hope of anything more than a stomach ache.

"I'm fine, it's just a stomach ache." Rose responded.

Meghan and Catherine gave each other a look before sipping their drinks.

"What was that?" William asked.

"What was what?" Catherine replied.

"You both took a drink and looked at each other when she said she was fine. Is that a signal for something?" Harry asked.

"No." They both answered.

Thorbjøn appeared after a few minutes, fuming mug in hand and a smile on his face, "Peppermint for your upset stomach." He said.

She smiled softly and took the mug he was offering her. "Thank you." Rose said.

Christening of Prince Carl of Norway and United Kingdom

The Christening of Prince Carl of Norway and United Kingdom, son of Prince Thorbjørn and Princess Rose, in the Chapel of the Royal Palace of Oslo.

His godparents are Crown Prince Haakon (paternal uncle), Princess Eugenie (maternal cousin), Princess Marie of Denmark, Princess Sofia of Sweden, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (maternal uncle), Prince Daniel of Sweden.

Prince Thorbjørn and Princess Rose Share Prince Carl's Christening Photos

Take a look at the precious family moment.

The royal family gathered at the Chapel of the Royal Palace of Oslo on June 6, 2019, for Prince Carl's christening.

Photographer Chris Allerton captured some special moments from the public event, which Prince Thorbjørn and Princess Rose shared with the world on the same day.

The photos, taken by Chris Allerton, show baby Carl surrounded by his closest family members.

Posing for a group photo following the short ceremony, Rose and Thorbjørn presented Carl to the world. In the photo, Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla, Jack Brookbanks, Princess Eugenie, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, King Harald V, Queen Sonja, Prince Thorbjørn, Princess Rose, baby Prince Carl, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip and Kate Middleton were seated for the photo. Standing behind them were Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Doria Ragland, Princess Sofia, Prince Daniel, Princess Marie, Princess Märtha Louise, Prince Sverre Magnus, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Princess Diana's brother,  Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and sisters Lady Jane Fellowes and Lady Sarah McCorquodale, and Prince William.

Baby Carl is wearing a handmade replica of the Royal Christening Robe, made by Angela Kelly (dressmaker to The Queen), which was also worn by all three Cambridge children for their baptisms. Rose in @ZacPosen, Meghan in @Dior, Kate in @StellaMcCartney.

The Rose and Thorbjørn also shared the photos on their Instagram account, along with a special message for fans:

This morning, Prince Carl of Norway and United Kingdom was christened in the the Chapel of the Royal Palace of Oslo.

Their Royal Highnesses are so happy to share the joy of this day with members of the public who have been incredibly supportive since the birth of their son. They thank you for your kindness in welcoming their first born and celebrating this special moment.

Their Royal Highnesses feel fortunate to have enjoyed this day with family and the godparents of Prince Carl.

Their son, Carl, was baptised wearing the handmade replica of the royal christening gown which has been worn by royal infants for the last 11 years. The original Royal Christening Robe, made of fine Honiton lace lined with white satin, was commissioned by Queen Victoria in 1841 and first worn by her eldest daughter. It was subsequently worn for generations of Royal christenings, including The Queen, her children and her grandchildren until 2004, when The Queen commissioned this handmade replica, in order for the fragile historic outfit to be preserved, and for the tradition to continue.

Photo credit: Chris Allerton ©️Rose&Thorbjørn