01. Pleasure vs Duty

Chapter One | Pleasure vs Duty

“Disobedience is my joy!”

🌹Rose🌹

"Rose, you are to be on your best behavior at the gala." Charles, the Prince of Wales said.

"Okay, father." Rose said as she rolled her eyes.

"Now let's go." He said as he lead her out of the car and into the building.

Rose forced a bright smile. She waded into the chaos, shaking hands with the Prime Minister and a few Sir This-or-Thats with their trophy wives, some important nobilities that Rose had tuned out.

There were a thousand photo-ops, expertly dry conversations, and by the time she was halfway through the rounds, Rose was dehydrated. She excused herself to the bar, ordered a glass of water, and was just turning around to return to the fake group of people when she crashed into someone.

"Oh my God! Oh my God… I'm so clumsy, I'm so sorry, I didn't – "

"It's alright, Your Highness, nothing was spilled."

"Oh, Prince Thorbjørn, I did not know you would be here tonight." Rose said as she looked up at the older royal.

"Neither did I." Thorbjørn said, smiling.

"Well, I have to get to playing hostess. See you around, Thorbjørn." Rose said, walking away.

Rose couldn't help biting her cheek as she kept stealing glances at him as she got back to her rounds, to see if he was talking to anyone else.

But while women continually appeared, drawn by the same reason she was, none of them seemed to get very far.

"Rose, we must leave now." Her father said.

"Really, I was having so much fun." Rose said, sarcastically.

"There will be more galas in your future, Rose." Her father said, not catching Rose's sarcasm.

__________________________

Norway: A Statement from the Communications Secretary to Princess Rose of Wales

Published 15 June 2018

Her Royal Highness Princess Rose of Wales will undertake an official tour to Norway between Tuesday 30th June and Friday 2nd July. This visit is at the request of The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and will be Her Royal Highness' first official visits to the country.

During the tour, The Princess will be welcomed to Norway by the respective Royal Family of the country. Her Royal Highness have been invited by Their Majesties King Harald V and Queen Sonja at Oslo's Royal Palace for an official dinner. The Princess also look forward to spending time with Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, who will join Her Royal Highness on a number of their engagements throughout the visit.  

The Princess have asked, as with previous overseas visits, that this tour allow her opportunities to meet as many Norwegians as possible. Her Royal Highness will meet a wide variety of people, including children and young people, those working in the mental health sector, and leaders in business, academia and scientific research, government, civil society and the creative industries.

__________________________

🌹 Rose 🌹

"Are you serious? Why do I have to go on this tour? Can't Harry and Meghan do it?" I asked as I sat across from my private secretary.

"Her Majesty has given you this tour because your workload hasn't been full enough as it should be for a full time royal. Harry and Meghan already have an upcoming tour and on their honeymoon so no more complaining." Helene, my private secretary answered.