Reflection | Chapter Three : Year of 2019

Chapter Three : Year of 2019

I am mine. Before I am ever anyone else's.

December 25, 2018

Lucia

"Lucia, are you okay?" Eugenie asked as I quickly wash my mouth and walked out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, come let's get to the church." I answered with a smile.

"Are you sure?" Eugenie asked.

"Yes, Genie." I answered.

"Have you eaten anything today?" Eugenie asked.

I just looked at my shoes in response.

"Lucia, you need to eat." She said it in a hushed tone so that only I could hear.

"I was going to but then I fell asleep." I said.

"But you went to sleep as soon as we got here. Are you are everything is okay?" She asked.

"I've just been tired lately, and my body aches and my head is alwasy pounding and I feel fatigue and nothing sounds good, and everything makes me want to throw up! I just don't feel good okay? Now can we go join the rest of the family." I answered.

"Oh my goodness!" Eugenie exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"You're pregnant!" Eugenie squealed.

"I am not pregnant! I'm sick!" I said.

Eugenie stared at me then quickly went out of the bathroom before I could follow her, she came back with Beatrice and a little box of some sorts, Eugenie was opening it and pulling out a long plastic thing.

"What are you doing with that?" I asked.

"A pregnancy test that you are going to take." Eugenie answered.

"No, I'm not." I said.

"Just take it to prove her wrong, Lucia." Beatrice said.

"Ugh, fine." I said as they left the bathroom.

I quickly did what the box instructed and left it on the counter before walking out to join Eugenie and Beatrice on the bed.

"Now we wait." Beatrice said.

"Times up!" Eugenie yelled, getting out of the bed and running into the bathroom with Beatrice right behind her.

I stayed on the bed, knowing the test would be negative and I would get to tell Eugenie, I told you so.

"Oh my God! Lucia, you need to go see a doctor about prenatal care." Eugenie said.

"Why, would I?" I asked.

"Because you're pregnant." Beatrice answered.

-

The Royal Family have greeted hundreds of well-wishers after attending the Christmas Day church service at Sandringham.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were all smiles as they left the service on the Queen's estate in Norfolk.

Princess Rose ans Prince Charles attended but the Duchess of Cornwall missed church due to a heavy cold.

The Duke of Edinburgh also stayed home - but is said to be in good health.

Catherine and Meghan, who is pregnant with her and Prince Harry's first child, walked side by side to church, chatting and smiling. The pair have been the subject of media reports of a rift.

Princess Lucia walked side by side with her father.

Many of those gathered had brought bouquets of flowers and called out "Merry Christmas" as the royal party went past.

Royals looking 'happy and relaxed'

By BBC correspondent Charlotte Gallagher

There were huge cheers from the crowd when the royal family arrived for the morning's church service - especially for the Queen.

The queen was driven there by a chauffeur while the rest of the family walked up and greeted people when they went past.

-

January 20 2019

"Relax, Lucia. Everything is going to be fine." Beatrice said as we watch my good friend, Dr. Rachel O'Neill set up her equipment in my bedroom. We wanted to keep this as private as possible.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I did my best to believe Beatrice's words.

"Are you going to tell the father?" Beatrice asked.

I felt myself about to throw up. I had not even thought about telling Nicholas. I do not know if I want to tell him. I mean he would probably view our child as trophy securing his family's rights to the throne.

"I do not plan to inform the father." I answered.

"Why not?" She asked.

"It's complicated, Trixie." I answered.

"Okay, Lucia, I'm ready for you. I'm going to perform a transvaginal ultrasound today to help confirm the pregnancy. This will also allow us to the opportunity to make sure everything is okay inside. How does that sound?" Rachel asked.

"Sounds great." I answered as I laid on my bed.

"Okay, Lucia. I need you to put your feet on the edge of the bed and scoot your bottom as close to the edge as you can for me." Rachel said. I did as I was told.

"Now, I want you to relax as much as you can for me. You're going to feel a little pressure and some coldness from the lubrication. I can't help that, but remaining calm will." Rachel said.

"Okay." I said.

I felt the cold wand slip inside of me but I did my best not to stiffen.

"Now let's see what we have going on here. You can go ahead and look at the screen now." Rachel said.

I looked towards the screen and saw a black and white image there. I felt Rachel adjust the wand.

"Everything looks good so far and if you give me just a moment...ah...there are your babies. If you look right in the center of the screen you will see it. Based on what I see you are definitely nine weeks. Looks like you're having twins, Lucia. It's too soon to hear the heartbeats, but we can give that a listen during your next appointment. Congratulations, Lucia, and I promise I will keep this a secret." Rachel said.

"Thank you, Rachel. I know I can count on you to keep my secret." I said.

Rachel looked Lucia in the eye. "Good luck, with your history making twins." Rachel said.

"I'm going to have twins!" I exclaimed.

Beatrice smiled. "I know. How do you feel about that?" She asked.

"Nervous and panicked, but excited." I answered.

"That's good. I know you're going to be an excellent mother." Rachel said.

I couldn't hide my surprise. "You think so?" I asked.

"We know so." Beatrice answered.