La Reina | British Royal Family

🔝Chapter Fourteen | November 2019🔝

Clarence House✔️
@clarencehouse

The Prince of Wales is pleased to announce Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Westminster and Avondale are expecting a baby in the Spring of 2020.

Nov 15 2019 • 10:28 am

AvondaleRoyal✔️
@AvondaleRoyal

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Westminster and Avondale are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Westminster and Avondale is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2020.

Nov 15 2019 • 10:28 am

Princess Ariana✔️
@princessariana

We're going to be Mum and Dad❤️

Nov 15 2019 • 10:30 am

-

The Duke and Duchess of Westminster and Avondale Announce She's Pregnant

LONDON — Another royal baby is on the way.

Hugh Grosvenor and Princess Ariana, the Duke and Duchess of Westminster and Avondale, are expecting a child in the spring, Clarence House announced on Monday.

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Westminster and Avondale are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Westminster and Avondale is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2020.

The announcement comes four months after the royal couple, riding a wave of popularity both in Britain and abroad, married at Westminster Abbey in London, a union watched by millions of people on screens around the world.

Princess Ariana, 32, a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, and Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster, 28, are widely seen as likable and approachable. Their union has been hailed as giving the royals even more accessible, modern and inclusive image since Meghan Markle joined the family.

The child will be ninth in line to the British throne, after, in order, Charles, Prince of Wales, father of Princess Ariana; Ariana's older brother, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge; the three young children of William and his wife, Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge; and Harry, the Duke of Sussex; the daughter of Harry and his wife, Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, and Ariana, herself. But under current rules, the new royal baby would not be titled prince or princess.

According to a 1917 decree by King George V, the great-grandchildren of the sovereign would not be called princes or princesses, with one exception, the eldest male descendant in the direct male line — in other words, Prince William's first child, Prince George. Queen Elizabeth revised that rule in 2012, to give that title to all of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children, so George's siblings are Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

Unless the queen makes a similar change on their behalf, any children of Princess Ariana and Hugh Grosvenor's would be titled earl or lady.

Even so, the new royal baby will be the subject of a media frenzy, judging by reactions to the wedding, and to Monday's news. Shortly after Twitter was ablaze with excitement, much of it with a #RoyalBaby hashtag.

"The richest Royal baby in the world is about to inherit nearly 40 billion dollars and it's not even born yet. #RoyalBaby"

-

Pregnant Princess Ariana dazzles in late mum's dress at London fundraiser

Princess Ariana surprised every one of her onlookers by donning this sparkling red evening gown was a custom-made creation by one of her late mum's long-standing favourite designers, Bruce Oldfield for Diana, Princess of Wales, which she wore for a gala back in June of 1981.