04. Days ahead

Lady Kitty Spencer steps out for her first solo public engagement before royal wedding

Lady Kitty Spencer future Crown Princess of Merania visited the Harbour Belfast on behalf of her future mother in law, Queen Kelis

The event was to inspire the next generation of young women to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, History, English and Math.

Spencer studied psychology, politics, and English literature at the University of Cape Town. She later studied Art History and Italian in Florence, Italy before completing a master's degree in luxury brand management from the European Business School London at Regent's University London.

So she can easily relate and be inspiration to the next generation of young women.

Other, more relevant information has also been shared with the public. Prior to the wedding, Lady Kitty will be baptized and confirmed as a member of the Church of Merania. She’s also going through the rigorous process of becoming a Meranian citizen at the same time she’s being prepared for the details of court ceremony, royal manners, etiquette and diplomacy.

Columnists and royal observers generally agree that Kitty has been successful in keeping true to herself, and that her fresh and open British style has a visibly positive effect on Maxwell and even on other young members of the royal family.

Kitty, in fact, is increasingly the subject of comparison with her future husband’s mother, not only because she’s entering the royal family from “left field,” but also the comparison to her late aunt, Princess Diana but because as Diana, Kitty is very aware of the impact she has on the public and seems to share the same effortless affability that made Diana “the People’s Princess.”

“Lady Kitty has demonstrated that she is adept at portraying herself in a positive light,” The Independent wrote in an article on ‘All the ways in which Lady Kitty mirrors Princess Diana.’ “A handy quality to possess when you’ve become internationally recognized overnight.”

Similar to her late aunt, Diana, Lady Kitty Spencer is an ambassador for Centrepoint, a charity that supports homeless youth, and a trustee and patron for the military charity Give Us Time.

In June 2017 Spencer helped raise £140,000 for the Elton John AIDS Foundation. She also has raised funds for Save the Children.

×

Three days before the wedding, Kitty found out the first of Maxwell's surprises when she saw her parents coming through the Palace's doors.