014. Oslo Cathedral

Chapter Fourteen | Oslo Cathedral

"We're now one."

🔹July 2019

Prince Thorbjørn of Norway and Princess Rose of Wales marry in a civil ceremony

WINDSOR, England - Britain's Princess Rose finally married the love of her life on Saturday, in a simple town hall ceremony.

Thousands of diehard royalists waved flags and cheered as the newly-weds emerged arm-in-arm to a chilly breeze in the riverside town of Windsor, west of London, before heading off in a Rolls-Royce for the nearby family castle.

"Thank you very much," Thorbjørn mouthed to the crowd, while Rose, in a body-con, obi-belted dress from the Awake by Natalia Alaverdian fall 2014 collection and a pair of off-white ankle-strap Balenciaga pumps, beamed happily.

"They deserve some happiness and really are a well-matched pair," said one onlooker.

The Religious ceremony will take place in Norway at Oslo Cathedral.

Hours before the wedding, Rose's grand-mother Queen Elizabeth II conferred on him the title Duke of Clarence. Making Rose, the Duchess of Clarence.

👑Thorbjørn👑

The crowd cheers vibrated through the walls of the Oslo Cathedral as Rose stepped out of the car, making Thorbjørn stand straighter at once, hands clasped behind his back.

The music started, and he felt the need to turn to see Rose even though he couldn't, just to get a glimpse of her eyes looking at him reassuringly.

There was a empty chair on the front row – for Rose's mother, the late Diana, Princess of Wales. She might not have been there but her spirit was very much present.

The four minutes it took Rose to make her way through the cathedral with her father and to arrive next to Thorbjørn seem to take forever, but the moment his eyes lay on her, she took his breath away. There was nothing else going on around him now, just the sight of Rose, and it was enchanting him.

"Beautiful." Thorbjørn whispered with a smile, taking in the sight of Rose in a wedding dress.

Rose dipped into a curtsy infront of her father as he pulled the veil away from her beautiful face and gave her a kiss on the forehead and handed her hand to Thorbjørn.

The ceremony was punctuated by prayers, a reading of a Anne Bradstreet poem by the aunt of the bride and a choir singing acapella 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran, but most importantly, it was full of love – radiating from Rose and Thorbjørn, eyes always locked and hands tightly clasped together.

"I, Thorbjørn Christian, take you, Rose Catherine Angela Elizabeth, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part; according to God's holy law. In the presence of God, I make this vow."

"I, Rose Catherine Angela Elizabeth, take you, Thorbjørn Christian, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part; according to God's holy law. In the presence of God, I make this vow."

The exchange of the ring was done in complete silence from the crowd, more vows repeated by the bride and groom: "I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage. With my body, I honour you, all that I am I give to you and all that I have I share with you within the love of God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit."

Thorbjøn brought her hand to his lips and placed a kiss on her ring, his eyes locked with hers, and smiled warmly.

"I love you." Thorbjørn said.

"I love you." Rose said as they turned and faced their friends and families.