Reflection | Chapter Two : The Return

Chapter Two : The Return

He is my first love. He'll always be. And nothing can change that.

Two weeks later

Nicholas

"My king, Lucia has left the palace. She told me to give you this." My secretary, William said as he handed me an envelope.

"What do you mean left?" I asked, as I open the envelope.

"She has her bags packed and this is was goodbye, sir." William said.

I looked at the papers in the envelope and the only thing I could focus on was the word, Divorce.

"She wants a divorce, William." I said.

"Why would she? I thought you two were happy." William said.

"The demands for an heir has cause terrible damage to our relationship. Then my father made the suggestion that I take a mistress to produce an heir." I said.

"Sir, May I speak as your best friend for a moment?" William asked.

"You may." I answered.

"Why would you allow your father to think he could make a suggestion like that? Why didn't you tell your father the real reason why Lucia and you don't have children yet? What are you going to do about this? Once the divorce papers are filed then the whole world will know you and Lucia are married." William said.

"Honestly, I was in shock that I could barely defend myself or Lucia. I do not know what I will do but one thing for sure is that I'm getting my wife back, no matter what." I said.

"Are you sure about that?" William asked as he turned the volume on the television.

"Hey guys, it's Giuliana Rancic here with some great news from the British Royal Family, not only has there just been an amazing wedding this past week but now the royal family has announced that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting a baby! But the more shocking and definitely interesting news is the return to the public is Princess Lucia of Wales, who disappeared from public life only making rare appearances for family oriented events after seven years. Now we all have been wondering where has the British national treasure been hiding? No clues or details have been revealed about the Princess' whereabouts but a schedule of her upcoming public engagements has been shared on social media by her newly established household, which you can follow on all social media with the user holder, princesslucia. We're so excited to have the princess back and definitely can't wait to see her fashion."

"She's not coming back, sir." William said.

"I'm not giving up." I said.

Lucia

"I'm so happy, you're back for good." Harry said.

"Now our family is complete." William said.

"Oh guys, stop it already." I said.

"No, we missed you so much and now you can tell us where have you been hiding all these years?" Harry asked.

"Mendorra." I answered.

"The one place we didn't check." William said.

"You mean you've been in Mendorra with Crown Prince Nicholas." Harry said.

"It's King Nicholas now." I said.

"I don't care. I asked that bloody fool if he knew where you were and he lied. He was hiding you from us." Harry said.

"Only because I didn't want you guys to find me and drag me back here." I said.

-

"Hello, pa." I said as I entered his study.

"Hello, Lucia, how are you today?" Charles asked.

"What is this about?" I replied, getting straight to the point.

"Please, sit down." Charles said. I sighed and took a seat on the black velvet couch in his study.

"Why did you want me to come here, pa?" I asked.

"As you know your granny and I are in the process of slowly making me King and we need you to step up your game as a way to boost up my popularity." Charles answered.

"Step up my game in what way?" I asked.

"We need you to be the perfect princess. We need you to be national treasure that you were once." Charles replied.

"How will this help you?" I asked.

"It will help me in so many ways." Charles answered.