03. Norway Pressure

Chapter Three | Norway Pressure

"Courage is grace under pressure."

👑Thorbjørn👑

"What took you so long?" Haakon asked when Thorbjørn walked back in.

Thorbjørn sighed.

"Not looking forward to seeing father, this can only mean two things, either he is in a mood or he is about to tell me something I am not going to like, either way I do not want to be here." Thorbjørn answered.

Haakon and Thorbjørn looked up when the doors opened. "Thorbjørn son. Come and sit. We have news." Harald V said.

Sonja glared at her husband. "You. You have news, this is nothing to do with me." She said.

Thorbjørn looked carefully between his parents. "I have a weird feeling I am not going to like this news at all." He said.

"Don't be silly son. This you will like." Harald V said.

"What is it?" Thorbjørn asked.

"You will be getting married to a Princess of course, hopefully this time next year you are a father." Harald V answered.

"Excuse me?" Thorbjørn asked.

"You as my son you will marry this Princess, and become a father by next year for the good of the kingdom and your image." Harald V answered.

"I'm sorry, to disappoint you, father but I will do no such thing. I'm a grown man and I will not be forced into an arranged marriage." Thorbjørn said.

"If you don't and you will no longer be welcome in Norway, you will no longer be a Prince you will have nothing. I'm tired of you being immature and this is the only way you can change for the better, son." Harald V said.

Thorbjørn shut his eyes tight and opened them again before leaving.

"Father, are you serious?" Haakon asked.

"Of course, not but he thinks I am so maybe this will motivate him to do better." Harald V answered.

"Do you think it will really work?" Haakon asked.

"Hopefully." Harald V replied.

"I do not see this ending well." Sonja said.

___________________________________

Why Is Prince Thorbjørn, At 40 Still Single?

Is he opposed to matrimony? Or has he not tried hard enough to find his “blue princess”? Plenty of theories are published every day about the voluntary or involuntary bachelorhood of the most sought-after, single prince in the world, especially since he turned 40 years old last month.

Prince Thorbjørn, fourth in the line to the Norwegian throne, has talked candidly about his difficulty to find the right partner to friends and in interviews: “Even if I just talk to a girl, that person is then suddenly my wife, and people go knocking on her door,” he lamented to the Sunday Times, referring to the reality that practically every one of his activities and actions are followed by photographers, journalists, social networks, bloggers of all stripes. “If or when I do find a girlfriend, I will do my utmost…to ensure that me and her can get to the point where we’re actually comfortable with each other before the massive invasion that is inevitably going to happen into her privacy.”