04. Pure Madness

Chapter Four | Pure Madness

"High hopes for a living."

🌹Rose🌹

"This can not be happening" I said at staring at the stick in fear and outrage.

"What can't be happening?" Helene asked as she entered the bedroom with two glasses and a bottle of wine. I quickly stuffed the pregnancy test in one of my drawers.

"Nothing." I answered, walking over to her.

"Let's watch the movie, The Back Up Plan." Helene said.

"Okay." I said as I picked up the remote and started searching for the movie.

"I'm pregnant." I said bluntly as they sat on the bed watching The Back Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez. Helene, who had just taken a gulp of the wine, spit it all out over the bed, chocking and gasping.

"You're what?" Helene sputtered, taking deep breathes. I brought a hand and pounded lightly on Helene's back.

"Pregnant." I said as I continued to rub circles into Helene's back.

"Who's the father?" Helene asked once she realized I was not playing a cruel prank on her.

I bit my lip and shifted my weight.

"Who?" Helene asked again.

"I cannot tell you." I answered.

"Why not?" Helene asked.

"I would like to keep that to myself for now." I replied.

"You need to tell your father and the Queen. How far along are you? When did you find out? Oh my God, will you be showing by the time of Eugenie and Jack's wedding?" Helene asked.

"Helene." I replied.

"Yes." She said.

"Please, be quiet." I said.

______________________________________

It had been agreed that Rose's pregnancy should not be announced until she was safely past the 3 month mark. Thus, the only person who knew of Rose's pregnancy was Helene.

Elated and a little apprehensive over the news, Rose had booked a visit to her OB/GYN to confirm the lab's results and to ensure that everything was progressing as it should. So, Rose had left the palace in a non-descript car with minimal security, hoping to avoid drawing attention to herself.

"Your Highness." Dr. Wellington smiled as the princess entered his office.

"Doctor." Rose smiled back as she stepped forward and shock his hand.

Motioning for the princess to sit, the doctor took a seat behind his desk, and pondered the very nervous looking royal before him.

"What brings you in today, your highness?" He asked.

"I took a pregnancy test and It was a surprise, as I had not even considered the possibility that I might be pregnant." Rose answered.

"Would you like these results confirmed?" He asked with a kind smile.

"Yes, please." Rose answered as she breathed a little too fast to hide her anxiousness.

_______________________________________

"Where is Rose?" Charles asked.

"We have not seen her in some days, father." William answered.

"What do you mean?" Queen Elizabeth asked.

"Rose, has deemed us incapable of being in her presence." Harry replied.

"What does that mean?" Anne asked.

"We have no idea." Kate answered.

"Speak of the devil!" Philip grinned as he stood from the table and watched his granddaughter enter the dining room.

"Discussing your favorite person behind her back?" Rose asked her grandfather playfully.

"Oh, only all the time, Rose!" Philip exclaimed.

Swatting her grandfather on the shoulder, Rose leaned in and kissed his cheek.

As they stood there for a few moments, chatting and smiling.

"Time to eat." Queen Elizabeth said as Rose took a seat next to her grandfather across from her father.

As the maid brought the appetizers and served the first glasses of wine. Rose thanking the footman for pouring hers even as she reached for the glass of water beside it, the conversation flowed effortlessly.

When the first course was done and a moment of silence came over the group, Harry caught Rose's eye.

"What, Henry?" Rose asked.

"You're not drinking your wine. You haven't touched it at all." Harry answered.

"I've been on a Keto-induced alcohol cleanse for the past two weeks and won't be drinking for a while." Rose said as the footmen approached with the main course.

"What is a Keto?" Camilla asked.

"The Keto diet is a high-fat, low-carb diet for seven weeks." Meghan answered.

"Why are you on a diet, Rose?" Beatrice asked.

"I just want to feel better about myself." Rose replied.

"I think you look great, Rose, no need for a diet." Andrew said.

"Hey, It’s a small price to pay, to look perfect." Rose said.