06. The Royal Family

You will always be my sister.
-Diana, Princess of Wales

§ §

Princess Jennifer, the Duchess of Buckingham joined her royal pals, Queen Maxima of the Netherlands and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark at the third World Conference of Women's Shelters.

Queen Maxima, who was elegantly dressed in a charcoal pencil skirt and bright top, appeared to have overcome the kidney infection that struck her while on a five-day tour of China in late October.

The 44-year-old Dutch royal was a keynote speaker at the prominent event that aimed to promote women's financial independence, prevent domestic violence and offer solutions to women who have experienced violence.

In her speech, Queen Maxima addressed the issue of domestic violence on a global scale and said: 'everyone has the right to a life without violence'.

She acknowledged Princess Mary's work in the field through the Mary Foundation.

'The presence of Crown Princess Mary gives this conference an extra dimension,' she said.

'For eight years now you have been active as chair of the Mary Foundation, and you give women the courage to break out of the circle of violence.'

She also acknowledged Princess Jennifer's work.

'Jennifer has a kind heart and has donated her time and name to many worthwhile organizations.'

The event was held at The Hauge in The Netherlands.

Princess Jennifer wore a flattering navy midi dress.

She accentuated her stems in some blush suede ankle-tie heels.

Princess Mary wore a soft pink trench coat over a black, high-neck dress.

She paired the outfit with patent black stilettos and matching handbag, her hair worn loose with a centre part.

Queen Maxima dressed elegantly in a fitted pencil skirt that finished just above the knee paired with a matching trench coat which she sat on her shoulders.

She gave the outfit a pop of colour with a mustard, three-quarter sleeve top and accessorised with suede black stilettos.

This is not the first time the royal friends have come together, with the trio spotted together on numerous occasions.

§ §

§                                                                                          §

Earlier this week The Duchess of Buckingham carried out engagements in Cheshire, including a visit to @AlstomUK's Transport Technology Centre.

§                                                                                          §

"Oh, Meghan, come on in." I said as I step aside and let her into the house.

"I hope I'm not bothering you by showing up unannounced." Meghan said.

"Of course, not. How are you? Is everything okay? Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Well, Harry proposed and after telling my mother the good news. I thought of you and I wanted to share it with you." Meghan answered as she showed me the ring.

"Oh, congratulations." I said as I held her hand, looking at the ring. " Harry, did a great job with designing the ring." I said.

"I know I love it." Meghan said.

"Come on, let's sit. Do you two have a date for when you two plan to announce the engagement?" I asked.

"We've decided to wait awhile to announce it." Meghan answered.

"Perfectly, understandable. Haakem and I waited for three months to announce our engagement." I said.

"Really, why?" Meghan asked.

"There was so much going on with the family and I think at that time, my cousin had just announced her engagement and I did not want to overshadow her." I answered.

"I understand." She said.

"So, are you excited, nervous, feeling butterflies?" I asked.

"All these above. I'm so happy but nervous about all the wedding planning and protocols to follow." She answered.

"Meghan, just like how I told Catherine, this whole process is about you and Harry. Do not let anyone have too much control over your big day. Trust me, a lot of regrets come from wedding days and I've witnessed a lot of them." I said.

"Did you have any regrets?" Meghan asked.

"Oh well there was a few regrets but nothing major. I loved my wedding and I would do it all over again." I answered.

§ §

Prince Harry and girlfriend Meghan Markle enjoy night out with the Duke and Duchess of Buckingham

The couple have been dating since 2017

Prince Harry appeared to be in great spirits as he enjoyed a lovely evening with his American actress girlfriend, Meghan Markle and his aunt and uncle, Princess Jennifer and Prince Haakem, on Monday. The couple, who are believed to have started dating since September of 2017, were seen departing London's swanky steak restaurant, 34 Mayfair.

§ §
§                                                                                         

Clarence House
@ClarenceHouse

The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle.

94.8K

5:00 AM - Nov 27, 2018

33.9K people are talking about this

§                                                                                          §