Heres To Us | Chapter One

Chapter One | Engagement Interview | Article

Interview with Prince Carl Philip and Princess Beatrice

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Beatrice of York have been interviewed by Ebba Kleberg von Sydow to talk about their upcoming wedding. .The interview will be broadcasted on June 12 (the day before the wedding) at 8 pm on BBC, ITV, TLC, E!, SVT and SVT Play.

Carl opens the door and lets me walk in first. I entered the room and walk over to greet Ebba with a kiss to the cheek and a quick hug.

"Hello, Ebba." I said as Carl walks up behind me and does the same as I wave hello to the crew.

"Are you two ready to do this?" Ebba asked as we both take a seat across from her.

"Ready." Carl said as I grabbed his left hand and hold it onto my lap.

"Excited to do this." I said.

"Action." The cameraman says.

This would be the first time where I would speak fully in Swedish and not English. I wanted the Swedish people to know that I was one hundred percent committed to being their Princess.

"Jag måste börja med en klassisk sportfråga: Hur känns det?" E|T: "I have to start with a classic sport issue: How does it feel?" Ebba asked as Carl and I look at each other and smile then laugh.

"Det känns jättebra. Vi är fulla av förväntan. Det känns pirrigt - men bra." E|T: "It feels great. We are full of expectation. It's nerve-racking - but good." Carl answered as I looked at him.

"Det känns surrealistiskt, men fantastiskt. Jag ser fram emot att vara fru till den här mannen." E|T: "It feels surreal, but amazing. I look forward to being the wife of this man." I answered as we both laugh.

"Ni träffades för sex år sen, genom gemensamma kompisar. Berätta om den dagen." E|T: "You met six years ago through mutual friends. Tell us about that day." Ebba said.

"Vi möttes lite snabbt, på en lunch, genom gemensamma bekanta." E|T: "We met a little fast, at a luncheon, through mutual acquaintances." I said. "Vi blev nog lite nyfikna pa varann direkt. Sen sågs vi igen vid ett senare tillfälle - och det sa klick." E|T: "We probably got a little curious about each other directly. Then we were seen again at a later time - and so we just click." I added on as I looked at Carl who agreed with me by nodding his head.

"Vi fattade tycke för varandra ganska snabbt." E|T: "We took a liking to each other pretty quickly." Carl said.

"Prinsessa Beatrice, vad ver det du föll för hos prinsen, om du tänker tillbaka?" E|T: "Princess Beatrice, what made you fell for the prince, if you think back?" Ebba asked.

"Oh my, that's a hard one." I said as giggled. He laughed. "No, just joking. En väldigt ödmjuk kille. Det första jag kände var att han är en väldigt bra person - och att han är väldigt jordnära - vilket, på grund av omständigheterna, inte alltid syns. När man träffar Carl Philip så ser man snabbit i hans ögon - att han är en väldigt snäll människa." E|T: "A very humble guy. The first thing I knew was that he is a very good person - and he's very down to earth - which, because of the circumstances, not always visible. When you meet Carl Philip, you will see kindness in his eyes - he is a very kind man." I said.

"Vilken tur!" E|T: " How lucky!" Carl said.

"Om Prinsen tänker tillbaka, vad föll Ni för?" E|T: "If the prince think back, what you fell for?" Ebba asked.

"Först och främst såg jag har otroligt hon vacker hon är. Och jag föll självklart för hennes blåa, djupa ögon. Hon är en underbar person med båda fötterna på jorden. Hon ser på livet på ett härligt sätt. Jag blev väldigt intresserad." E|T: " First of all, I saw the incredibly beautiful she is, she is. And I seemed obvious to her hazel, deep eyes. She is a wonderful person with both feet on the ground. She looks at life in glory. I became very interested." Carl said.

•••Article•••

Princess Beatrice says fiancé Prince Carl Philip is her 'best friend'

With just three weeks to go until they officially become husband and wife, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Beatrice of York have spoken about their close relationship. In a pre-wedding interview with Swedish TV channel TV4, which will be aired shortly before the couple's nuptials in June, Carl Philip and Beatrice have revealed that they feel strongest when they are by one another's side.

"Carl Philip is my best friend," said Beatrice , who will be known as HRH Princess Beatrice , Duchess of Värmland after she says "I do" on 13 June. "[He is] the person I talk to the most. He's so smart and I feel so secure with him. We really understand each other."

Beatrice and Carl Philip both expressed how happy they are to be by each other's side

The prince himself was just as insistent that being in a partnership with 26-year-old Beatrice brings out the best in him.

"I feel extremely confident, stable and balanced when Beatrice is by my side," said 36-year-old Carl Philip. "And I've felt that way from the beginning,"

While the couple themselves are full of admiration for each other, the journalist who conducted an interview with the couple in the past, Tilde de Paula says their mutual affection is clear for anyone to see.

"Meeting them was seeing true love up close," she said.

The interview, which will be screened in Sweden and United Kingdom and the commonwealth countries on 1 June and 8 June, is the latest in the pre-wedding excitement.

Last week the couple's wedding bann ceremony saw the Swedish royal family, including King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and pregnant Princess Madeleine, turn out in force at Stockholm's Royal Chapel.

In April, Princess Beatrice was treated to a lavish hen weekend with her close friends, younger sister Princess Eugenie, cousin Zara Tindall, cousins in law, Autumn Phillips, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and future sister-in-law Princess Victoria, held at country mansion Hatuna Stenus on the banks of Lake Mälaren.

The following month, Prince Carl Philip was 'kidnapped' for his surprise stag party in Greece – organised by none other than his elder sister Victoria, whose hen party he had arranged back in 2010.