Chapter 50: Freddie

Jim went back to his friends after breakfast. John wanted to go to a very private part of the beach, which was odd since our area was pretty private anyway. I didn't know what he was planning, but he didn't seem to want anybody but us around. The section of the beach that John took us all to was very far away from all the rental houses and hotels, but it was quite beautiful. There was a huge rock that we decided to keep jumping off of into the water. After we had some fun, Lilly and I decided we had to figure out what John was up to."

"How are we going to solve this mystery?" I asked her.

"We could just ask him why he brought us here," she said. "I mean, unless he's planning on killing all of us, I think he'll answer."

"And if he is planning on murdering us all, we'll find out pretty quickly," I said. Lilly laughed softly and we went to talk to John.

"Alright, Deaky," I said. "Time to explain yourself. Why did you insist on bringing us here today?"

"I can't tell you that," John said. "Not yet."

"Oh come on," Lilly whined. "Just tell us! If you just like this section of the beach better, it's really ok!"

"Why do you need to know so badly?" John asked.

"They think you're planning on killing us," Winter said. Winter was lying on a towel next to John, but she sat up to add to the conversation. "I hear everything." I kicked Winter's foot and she pouted at me, as if it hurt her.

"We never really thought that," I said. "We just want to know what was so important about coming here today."

"I'm actually curious about that too, love," Veronica said to John, lightly stroking his arm. John sighed.

"Fine," he said. "I was going to wait until later for this, but since you all insist on knowing why we're here, I guess I need to do it now." John stood up and took Veronica's hand, making her stand up with him. He walked over to the rock with Veronica and grabbed her other hand.

"John, what's going on?" She asked him.

"Veronica," John said, taking a deep breath. "We've been together for a long time and... I am so in love with you. So much so that I couldn't wait until we graduate in two years to ask you this question." John got down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. Lilly gasped and looked over at me with a huge smile on her face. "Ronnie," John continued. "Will you marry me?" Veronica gasped and smiled.

"I have one condition," she said. "We wait to get married until after graduation."

"I can do that," John said.

"Then yes," she said. "My answer is yes."