Chapter 13: Lilly

I texted my band group chat and as I was walking back to my room. If Freddie's band was going to rehearse right now, we should be too. I was waiting for a response when I walked into my dorm room and saw Winter, Rory and Ella standing there.

"What's going on?" I asked. "I just texted you guys. We should get rehearsal started."

"Winter has something to say to you," Rory said. She nudged Winter forward and Winter sighed.

"I'm sorry about what I said about you and Roger," she mumbled. "Even though I did sleep with him first." Rory grabbed Winter's ear and pinched it hard. Winter yelped and said, "Ok, ok I'm sorry about that too!" Rory released her and smiled, pleased with herself.

"And I'm sorry I was in such a rush to see Joe," Rory said. "I just really wanted to see him. I... I just love him."

"And I'm sorry for nothing," Ella said. "Because I didn't actually do anything." I chuckled, then smiled softly.

"Ok Ella, you're right," I said. "Winter, I forgive you and Rory, I understand what you mean. Last night I went to see Roger and I realized I'm in love with him... and I never get to see him because I'm so determined to win this competition. As if a college battle of the bands is more important than our happiness!" The girls laughed and smiled.

"Band hug?" Rory offered with her arms out. Ella and I embraced her as Winter reluctantly joined. We released and Rory smiled.

"We should get ready for next week," Rory said. "Joe's coming to support me."

"Gwilym's coming too," Ella said. "To support me." I looked up at her in shock, unsure if I heard her right.

"You're boyfriend is Gwilym?" I asked.

"Yeah," Ella said. "I figured you knew. Aren't you friends with him?" I lowered my head in shame.

"I haven't talked to him in a while," I mumbled. I've been so focused on this band I hadn't talked to many of my friends."

"Well, you'll see him at the party!" Rory said, trying to cheer me up. I smiled.

"Yeah," I said. "And I'll invite Roger!"

"Oh great," Winter snapped. "So you all have someone to support you and I get nobody?" I thought for a second before realizing something.

"I could set you up!" I said. "I know the perfect person for you."