Chapter 16: Lilly

The fight broke out quickly and felt never-ending. As soon as Roger threw the first punch, Nick hit back, and all his fraternity brothers followed suit. Nick stayed on Roger, while everyone else ran towards the rest of us. These guys clearly had no morals, since they were attacking all 5 of us girls just as much as the guys. As I was holding off one guy, I was watching how this was playing out. John and his girlfriend, Veronica were hiding with Brian's girlfriend, Chrissy. Roger and Nick seemed evenly matched. Gwilym, who is usually so gentle, was protecting Ella, but trying not to do too much damage. Rami was keeping guys away from Lucy while Ben and Winter were fighting together. Rory was kicking ass so much Joe didn't even need to worry about her. It was actually kind of insane how strong she was. Brian was trying to help me. I was strong, but tiny, which made it easy for these guys to overpower me. Part way through the fight it became clear that Freddie was a lover, not a fighter, but since these guys were so homophobic they would back off if he got anywhere near them.

About 20 minutes, but what felt like hours into this massive fight, I started to hear sirens. Someone called the cops. Nick told his guys to back off and looked at Roger. "I'm coming back for you, Taylor," he said. "That's a promise." The guys started to disperse as we stood there. One guy turned around and looked at Winter.

"And I'm coming for you, hot stuff," he said to her. He reached over and grabbed her ass. Winter flinched and looked like she was about to knock him out, but Ben did it for it.

"Fuck!" Ben yelled.

"We need to leave!" I said. They all agreed and we started running out the door. Before I could get far, Nick kicked me so hard in the shin I fell over. Him and his friends cleared the area before any of us could fight back.

"Lilly we have to go!" Winter said.

"I don't think I can walk, let alone run!" I said. I lifted my pant leg and saw a huge bump had formed on my shin. It looked like I had a second knee.

"Fuck that looks bad," Joe said.

"Come on," Roger said. "I'll carry you on my back."

"How am I supposed to-" before I even finished my thought, Brian and Gwilym had lifted me up and put me on Roger's back. We all ran outside and hid on the side of the building while the cops went in.

"We can't just stay here," Ben said. "They'll come looking for us, or more specifically, me!"

"We can't go back to our dorm," I said. "We all live in the same building it'll be easy to find us."

"So where should we go then?" Veronica asked.

"My parents live in Westchester County," Rory said. "It's like 45 minutes outside the city, but if we get a cab now we can probably get to the train station in time. We'll probably have to find an Uber or walk a little after that, but it's not far."

"There's 15 of us," I said. "We'll need like 4 cabs."

"Plus are they really going to let us all stay there?" Freddie asked. "They've never met any of us."

"It's fine," Rory said. "We're Italian, as long as they have food to give away, they'll let anyone in. And trust me, they'll be plenty of food."

"Ok, let's go then," Ella said. We all ran to the street to flag down cabs as fast as possible.