Chapter 35: Lilly

Roger had classes all day today, I decided to go see Freddie after my class. I was going to rehearse with Venus, but I decided to cancel. We were starting to get gigs around the city, along with Queen, but our first one wasn't for a few weeks, so skipping one rehearsal wouldn't kill us. Today was a busy day for everyone anyway. Classes had just started again, Ella had a doctor's appointment, Winter was spending some time with Ben, and Rory had her first date since she broke up with Joe. With everything going on, rehearsal seemed unnecessary. While walking down the hall to see Freddie, I ran into Gwilym.

"Hey Gwil," I said. "How was the appointment?"

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Didn't you see her at rehearsal?"

"No I told her last night we were canceling rehearsal," I said.

"Oh," Gwilym said. He sounded surprised. "Well, she's not pregnant, but I still need to find her, excuse me." Gwilym walked away with giving me any more information. I decided to just brush it off and go see Freddie. I walked into his room and he smiled.

"Darling, I have so much to tell you!" Freddie said.

"Ok," I said with a light laugh. "I only have one thing to tell you. Ella's not pregnant."

"Oh good," he said. "I'll add that to the list." Freddie took out a notebook and a pen and started writing.

"You have an actual list?" I asked.

"You won't believe how much drama has happened since yesterday," he said. He patted his bed and I sat down, ready for him to tell me all the drama. "Ok," Freddie started. "I'm just going to read down the list. John: Wants to get married and have kids right after graduation. Ronnie: Doesn't feel the same way. Lucy: Wants to move back to England after graduation and wants to take Rami with her, but he's not sure he wants to go, even though he loves her."

"I would miss Lucy if she moved," I said.

"Well it's not definitely settled yet," he said. "Continuing, Brian has a new friend. She's female and he says she's just a friend, but Chrissy doesn't seem so sure."

"Brian would never cheat," I said. "He loves Chrissy and he's a good guy."

"I'm not so sure," Freddie said. "He really seems to like this girl."

"Freddie, trust me," I said. "He's not a cheater. I've known him longer than you have!"

"Yes darling, but you haven't seen him with Anita. I mean they are really-"

"Anita who?" I interrupted.

"I can't remember," he said. "It starts with a D. Darcy or David or Douglas..."

"Dobson!" I said.

"Yes!" Freddie said. "That's her name! Anita Dobson."

"I know her," I said. "She was in one of my classes Freshman year. She's so pretty and nice and... totally Brian's type. Oh no." Freddie smirked.

"Wait until you see them together," he said. "They are so into each other."

"Freddie this isn't funny!" I said. "Chrissy could really get hurt!"

"Don't tell me," he said. "If you're worried about it talk to Brian. Can I continue? I have more to tell you." I nodded reluctantly. "Ok. Rory is still into Joe and not super into her date tonight and Joe's feelings for Ben's have only gotten stronger while Winter's feelings for Ben are fading, but that's mostly because she knows that Ben still has feelings for..." Freddie stopped short.

"Ben has feelings for who?" I asked.

"N-nobody important," he said. "J-just one of Winter's friends."

"Winter's only friends are in the group," I said.

"You don't know that," Freddie said.

"Yes I do," I said. "Winter's rough around the edges, she terrifies people. She's friends with me because we're roommates and she's friends with everyone else in the group because we're all linked."

"But everyone in the group loves her!" He said. "People like her when they get to know her."

"Yes, but she doesn't need any more friends," I said. "Trust me, she's a loner. The fourteen people she's friends with in our group are already too much for her. So tell me, Fred, which one of those people does Ben have feelings for? Joe?"

"It's not Joe, darling," Freddie said. "Trust me, Ben's straight."

"A-ha!" I said. "So it's a woman! Tell me who!" Freddie suddenly looked at his watch and started standing up.

"Look at the time," he said. "I have to get to class." He started running out the door.

"I know your schedule, Fred!" I yelled after him. "You don't have anymore classes today!" It was no use, though. He was gone. Still, this wasn't over. I will find out who Ben has feelings for. I always do.