Chapter 73: Lilly

Taking down TKE may be easier than I thought. The dean may not want to listen to our little group, but with the signatures we had, he would have to at least let us speak.

"Lilly I have wonderful news!" Lucy exclaimed running up to me on campus. "There are three girls in one of my acting classes who say they were sexually assaulted by some of the TKE brothers at a party!"

"You might not want to call that wonderful news Luc," Winter said.

"Well, of course, it's horrible that it happened," Lucy added. "But it does help our case! They signed our petition and they said they'd be willing to testify against them if there's a hearing. They all gave me their numbers."

"Lucy that is wonderful!" I said. "Great job!"

"I got us a meeting with the dean," Brian said. "Tomorrow at 2 pm. Do we have enough signatures?"

"I'm not sure," I said. "I have to look at everyone's sheets and count, but I think we do."

"Perfect," Brian said. "Then we should go prepare for our meeting." We spent all night preparing for our meeting with the dean. I counted all the signatures; we had 2,000 already. The next day all of us went to meet with Dean Brooks.

"Hello," he said. "All of you. Did we really need fifteen students to do this?"

"It was a group project, sir," Ella said.

"Do you all even go to school here?" He asked.

"Yes," I said. "Well except for Jim, but he helped us with this, so we want him here." Dean Brooks sighed.

"Alright," he said. "I'm told you have a complaint about a fraternity? Just tell me what it is so I can log it."

"With all due respect Dean Brooks," Rory said. "Calling it a complaint makes it sound trivial. This is a very serious."

"We are petitioning the university to have TKE shut down," I said. "Brian, hand him the petitions please." Brian handed Dean Brooks the petitions. "Right there we have 2,000 signatures from students who agree with our point of view."

"On what grounds are you asking for this shutdown?" Dean Brooks asked

"We went to party at their house last year, and they are constantly making racist, sexist and homophobic remarks. They also started a fight at that party," I said.

"Really?" He said. "They started the fight? Because it was my understanding that the first punch was thrown by Mr. Taylor here."

"They were saying rude things about Freddie," Roger said, defending himself.

"And you think that justified violence?" Dean Brooks asked.

"Forget that fight," I said. "Even without it their organization doesn't deserve a place here."

"Four of the members assaulted two other students," Brian said. "And several other students have come forward saying they were sexually assaulted in that house."

"The assaults happened off campus," Dean Brooks said. "I have no jurisdiction over those. And there's not proof of the sexual assaults, it's just a he said she said."

"He said, they said," Lucy emphasized. "It's several students! Some of them aren't even women!"

"Some of them don't even go to this school," Jim chimed in. "There are students from my university who are claiming the same thing happened to them at parties."

"This needs to be stopped!" Rory said as we all agreed.

"So here are our demands," Winter said. "We want TKE disbanded permanently. We're also demanding that the four students who attacked Freddie Bulsara and Roger Taylor be expelled."

"Just to clarify," Gwilym continued. "Those students are all Nicholas Diamond, Richard Mason, Greg Camden and Andrew Carter." Dean Brooks laughed.

"You can't be serious," he said. "I'm not disbanding the school's most popular and philanthropic fraternity because of a few incidents that may not have even happened."

"The assaults definitely did happen," Ella said. "That was ruled by a judge. They went to jail, I have no idea how they even got out."

"Nevertheless," Dean Brooks said. "That happened off campus and if their out, I guess they served their time. I'm not punishing an entire fraternity because of something a few students did."

"One of them is the president!" Winter snapped.

"And you didn't even punish them!" Rory added. "They're still in the fraternity, Nick is still president!" Dean Brooks sighed.

"I have to go get my lunch," Dean Brooks said. "If you'd like to continue yelling at me, I'll be back in 10 minutes, but you won't win this. I will not disband TKE." He left the room and I sighed.

"Why is he being so difficult about this?" Freddie asked. "He's not even listening to us."

"Do you think he's favoring TKE because he was in the fraternity himself?" John asked.

"Was he?" Veronica asked him.

"I don't know," John said. "But it's possible. He seems to be defending everything they did. We also still don't know how they all got out of jail... and Dean Brooks is a wealthy guy."

"You think he bailed them out?" Lucy asked.

"I just think it's possible," John said. "And if that were the case he'd be favoring some students over others inna way that harms everyone else and that's a really corrupt thing for him to do." We all thought for a minute about what John said.

"Lucy," I said. "Isn't your aunt the president of this university." Lucy nodded. "Call her," I said. "And put her on speaker, but tell her not to say anything. I have an idea." Lucy did just that. She had learned to trust me about these things. I knew what I was doing. Dean Brooks came back in with his food. Lucy already had her aunt on speakerphone.

"Ok," Dean Brooks said. "You're still here, so I guess you wanna keep laying it on me."

"No I think we're good," I said. "I think we were only thinking about the bad things about TKE. What are some of the good things?"

"Well they do a lot for the school," Dean Brooks said. "They raise a lot of money."

"I'm guessing those guys getting arrested hurt that though," I said.

"It would have," he said.

"Is that why you had to bail them out?" I asked. Dean Brooks nodded. I think he was tuning me out, which was working in my favor.

"You're nodded yes," I said, so the president would hear me on the phone. "That must have been expensive. Where did you get the money for that."

"From TKE's fund," he said without thinking.

"Isn't the money raised for the school and for charity though?" Lucy asked. Dean Brooks as widened as what he said finally clicked.

"This is a setup, isn't it?" He