Chapter 75: Lilly

*Christmas Eve*

"Kids, come help me decorate the tree!" Rory's mom, Mary, called up from the living room. We all ran downstairs to see a huge tree sitting in the corner of the living room. It was so tall, you could reach out and touch it from the balcony upstairs.

"This tree is beautiful!" Lucy exclaimed.

"It sure is," Rory said. "You've really outdone yourself this time, mom."

"Yeah," Winter agreed. "This is at least ten times bigger than any tree I had as a kid." Mary smiled.

"Well I'm glad you all love it," she said. "Now grab some ornaments and start decorating." We started taking ornaments out of several boxes and decorating the tree. At the end, Rory ran upstairs and reached over the balcony to put the angel on top before Mary plugged it in, lighting all the beautiful lights.

"Now it's even more beautiful," Lucy said.

"Dinner's ready!" Rory's dad, Sonny called from the kitchen. We all sat down at the table to enjoy a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner. Rory's parents had us say grace before we ate, and we enjoyed our delicious meal followed by an equally delicious dessert.

"It was so kind of you to let us all stay here for Christmas, Mary," Lucy said. "Thank you."

"Yes, thank you," Ella added. "This is really fun!"

"Oh it's no trouble at all," Mary said. "I love entertaining big groups for the holidays. Besides, I felt bad that all of your Christmas's were not so great, I wanted to give you all at least one amazing one!"

"This is more than amazing," I said. "It's... perfect." Mary smiled.

"Alright children," she said. "You better get to bed soon so Santa can come!"

"Mother, please," Rory said. "Are you forgetting we're all in our 20s?"

"I think you have to tell them Mary," Sonny joked. Mary sighed.

"I'm Santa Clause," Mary said. Winter gasped overdramatically, making Freddie laugh.

"Wait, did you get us gifts?" I asked her. She nodded. "You didn't have to do that, we all got gifts for each other. Your hospitality is enough."

"Lilly," Mary said. "Stop being such a goody-goody and just take the presents." We all laughed softly. Mary started cleaning up and we all helped, making it go much faster. After dinner, we all went upstairs to get ready for bed. We were all ready for bed, but we were too excited to go to sleep. We felt like little kids again. We all gathered in Rory's bedroom to talk. 

"Rory this is so cute!" Lucy cooed. 

"Oh yes," Rory said. "I haven't redecorated since high school so don't mind the outdated posters." Winter chuckled and we sat down around the big room. Rory, Winter, Freddie and I sat on her bed, Lucy, Veronica and Anita crammed on to the window seat, Gwilym sat on the armchair and Ella sat on his lap, and everyone else took the floor. We were talking for a while when Mary suddenly came in. 

"Lilly," she said. "You have a visitor."

"I do?" I asked. My question was answered when I saw my visitor walk in. "Dad?" I said. 

"Hello Lilly," he said. "I need to talk to you."