Chapter 18: Roger

I woke up the next morning to see Lilly in bed next to me. I smiled and ran my fingers through her soft hair. I kissed her forehead softly and she slowly opened her eyes. She giggled softly and smiled at me.

"Good morning," she said.

"Good morning," I replied. "What time did you come to bed?"

"I don't remember," Lilly said. "I don't even know how I got up here. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on the porch."

"So then how did you get up here?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Freddie must have carried me," she said. Freddie? Since when do they get along? "We talked last night," she said, as if she was reading my mind. "Apparently I'm his best friend now."

"Well what you did for him was really nice," I said.

"We all did it," Lilly said.

"Yeah, but you stood up for him first," I said.

"Oh," she said. "So I started the fight?"

"You instigated it," I said. "I threw the first punch. However, if the police ask, you started it." She playfully punched my arm and I started tickling her stomach. I climbed on top of her and tickled her mercilessly until she shoved me off of her. After we both stopped laughing, I stroked her arm softly and said, "Breakfast?" She nodded. Her leg was not swollen anymore and she seemed to be walking fine, so it seemed like a big bruise was the worst of the damage.

Lilly and I headed downstairs to find Rory's mother had made us all breakfast, and it looked delicious. It was almost noon, so almost everyone was already downstairs. We were just missing Gwilym and Ella, who were probably upstairs together, and Freddie which was not unusual. I've seen him sleep in far later than this. Lilly and I sat down in between Brian and Rory and grabbed some food. Everyone was silently eating for a few minutes, until Brian decided to speak up.

"So," he said. "We should probably talk about what happened last night."

"Are you sure?" Winter said. "Seems unnecessary."

"I know nobody likes to admit this," Brian said. "But there's a chance the police will come after us for this. We need to have our stories straight."

"No we don't," Ella said. We all turned to see her and Gwilym walking into the kitchen.

"Why not?" Brian asked.

"We did a little research on our fraternity president last night," Gwilym said. He gestured to Ella who lifted up her phone to her eyesight with a smirk.

"Nicholas Diamond," she started. "21-years-old. President of TKE. 3 DUIs, 2 assault charges and 3 of his past girlfriends have accused him of sexual harassment and/or domestic violence."

"And he's still president of the fraternity?" Lucy asked.

"This world is unfair Lucy," Winter said. "The school doesn't really care what laws students break. As long as they don't end up in jail they just keep doing whatever they want."

"That goes for the DUIs and assault charges. As far as the other charges, they were never proven," Gwilym said.

"The school can't punish him for something they 'don't know' he did," Ella said.

"TKE might as well be called 'the rape frat' anyway," Lilly said. "Which shouldn't surprise anyone. It was very clear last night they have zero respect for anyone, but themselves."

"The point is we're in the clear," Gwilym said. "Even if he did tell the police about the fight, our records are much cleaner than his and that says a lot to the police."