Chapter 55: Lilly

"Anita," I said. "Hi. What are you doing here?" Anita sighed.

"To be perfectly honest, I knew you all were coming here," she said. "Brian hasn't talked to me in a while. I've been calling and texting him, but I get no answer. I feel as though he's avoiding me."

"He's been having a hard time," Freddie said. "Since him and Chrissy spilt."

"Oh I hadn't heard," Anita said. "That's unfortunate for Brian, I feel bad."

"Do you?" I asked. "Because you're smiling." Anita shrugged and looked away.

"Is Brian here?" She asked.

"Is someone looking for me?" Brian said from the other room. He walked over and looked at Anita. "Anita," he said. "What brings you here?"

"I was looking for you," she said. "You haven't been answering my calls."

"I'm sorry," Brian said. "We can talk. Let's go somewhere... away from these two." Brian gestured to Freddie and I. We both gasped dramatically, pretending to be offended. Brian took Anita into the living room.

"Now what?" I asked Freddie.

"We could easily spy on them," Freddie said. "But... it's so nice outside. Maybe we should take a day off from our nosy ways and just go to the beach."

"Yeah ok," I said. "It's not like we'll be able to go to the beach every day back home. I'll get Roger." Freddie and I both headed upstairs to change. I walked into my bedroom to see Roger on the phone.

"Baby, who are you talking to?" I asked him. He held up one finger to silence me. I stopped talking and let him take his phone call.

"There's nothing wrong with us getting an apartment in New York," he said to the person on the other line. "I don't want to move back home, I want to stay here. Because I like it in New York dad!"

"Dad?" I snapped. "Roger hang up the phone!" I quickly went over to Roger and tried to grabbed his phone, but he turned away from me. Luckily, I quickly grabbed the phone with my other hand and hung it up.

"Lilly, why did you do that?" Roger snapped at me.

"Why were you talking to your father?" I snapped back at him.

"He called me," he said. "And I answered and made the mistake of telling up about our plans to rent apartments this summer."

"Why would you even want to talk to him?" I asked.

"I don't," he said.

"So don't answer the phone!" I said.

"I had to!" Roger yelled. "I ignored the call, but he kept calling and I had to pick it up because if I didn't he would... he would.." Roger started hyperventilating to the point where he almost couldn't breathe. I grabbed his arm and led him over to the bed, helping him sit down. I rubbed his back softly and held his hand, trying to calm him down."

"It's ok, sweetie," I said. "Just breathe."

"I can't escape him, Lilly," he said. "He'll come find me."

"He doesn't know where you are right now," I said. "And he won't know where you live once we all move. There are so many apartment buildings in the city."

"Doesn't matter," Roger said. "He can still find me."

"I'm not going to let him hurt you again," I said. "You don't need to worry right now." Roger sighed and rested his head on my shoulder. "Freddie wants to go down to the beach," I said. "You should come with us. It'll be relaxing and as a bonus, you'll get to see me in a bikini." Roger chuckled softly.

"That is a nice bonus," he said. I kissed his forehead and we both decided to change.

Our beach day was fun. Brian stayed home to talk to Anita, and Rami and Lucy wanted some time alone, but everyone else came along. Joe and Ben were very flirty on the beach. It was really cute. I really wished they would just tell everyone, but I couldn't force them to. We stayed on the beach all morning before deciding to head back to the house for lunch. When we got back we saw Brian and Anita making out on the couch, half-naked.