Chapter 15: Lilly

The girls and I got to the party that weekend only to see Freddie, Roger, Brian and John were already there. Freddie gave me his famous smug look and I rolled my eyes. At least Freddie wasn't saying anything to me. Roger must have talked to him.

"Hi Lilly," Roger said. I smiled at him. I was happy to see him back with the band.

"So who's performing first?" Rory asked.

"Neither of you," we heard a voice say from behind us. We all turned to see a guy walking with Rami and Lucy.

"Hi guys," Rami said nervously.

"Who is this?" Brian asked.

"This is Nick," Rami said. "He's the president of this fraternity."

"Ok," I said. "So which one of our bands is performing first?"

"Like I said," Nick said. "Neither of you." We all looked at him confused and he laughed.

"But you ask us to perform!" Rory snapped.

"I know," Nick said. "But we found another band."

"Why?" I asked. "Are we not good enough for you?"

"You really want to know?" Nick said.

"No you don't," Rami said. "Do not tell them, Nick!"

"No, tell us," I said. "You owe us an explanation!"

"For once, Lilly and I agree on something," Freddie said. Nick sighed and looked at us.

"Venus and Queen," Nick said. Venus was the name of my band. "Venus is a band full of girls who try too hard. If we wanted a girl band we'd hire one who dresses sluttier and dances around on stage in a way that's actually enjoyable for us." I gasped.

"That's totally sexist!" I snapped.

"And a band of men called Queen?" Nick continued. "So obviously led by this bucktoothed fag." He gestured to Freddie, who had no response. Usually, he had some kind of snappy comeback but that hit him hard. That did it. Freddie and I may not be friends, but nobody deserved that. I got up in Nick's face, but I was shorter than him so it probably wasn't very intimidating. Still, I tried.

"Take it back," I said. Nick laughed in my face.

"Or what, blondie?" He said.

"Take it back and apologize to Freddie," I said. "Or I will make you pay." Nick laughed again.

"You and what army?" He said. Roger stood next to me with an angry look on his face. All three girls stood next to me as well showing their support. Brian, who was almost a foot taller than me, stood behind me with John. Before I knew it, Joe and Ben showed up, Joe taking Rory's hand and Ben taking Winter's. I guess that was a good set up. Gwilym showed up and stood with Ella. Lucy, who was still standing next to Rami and Nick, came over to our side.

"How's this for an army?" I said with a smirk. Nick practically snapped his fingers and all his fraternity friends stood behind him. Lucy looked over at Rami and noticed he was still standing with Nick.

"Rami what are you doing?" She asked. "Get over here!" Rami looked conflicted as Nick shot him a dirty look.

"Malek, if you join them, you're out," he said. "Don't forget, I did you a favor letting you in."

"I know there's no proof of this, but I think it's safe to assume that was racist," Ella said quietly.

"Rami," Lucy said. "If you love me - and yourself - you'll be on our side." Lucy held out her hand and Rami shot Nick an angry look as he took her hand and came to our side.

"Now," Roger said. "Apologize to Freddie." Nick got close to Roger and said,

"I don't apologize to ugly faggots." Before I could even comprehend what had happened, Roger's fist flew across Nick's face.