Chapter 23: Lilly

*3 weeks later*

The weekend we all spent at Rory's house had been living on in infamy for almost a month. In two days, we had a huge fight with a sleazy fraternity, Joe's biggest secret was revealed, Rory and Joe broke up, and I became friends with Freddie and then hated him again for a whole new reason. I still hadn't reconciled with Freddie since that night, but God knows he's tried to get me to talk to him. He kept bothering me, during, before and after class, but I kept refusing his attempts. I did not want to forgive him. I was still pissed about what he did. Rory and Joe's breakup was his fault and it was not easy on me. They were both my friends, but they kept trying to get me to pick sides. With everything going on, the battle of the bands was put on the backburner. Rory was never in the mood to rehearse, and Winter was always busy with Ben. After learning Joe's secret, she was trying to occupy all his time. Ben still did not know, and she did not plan on letting him find out.

The only good thing in my life right now was Roger. Seeing him always made my day better, but unfortunately, he lived with Freddie, so I tried to avoid staying in his room. However, since Winter was spending so much time with Ben, she was never in our room, so that gave us some space to be alone. I invited Roger over after class one day. Freddie was in a few of my classes and he was really getting on my nerves. I rejoiced when I heard a knock on the door. My knight in shining armor was here.

"Hi baby girl," Roger said with a smile. I gave him a small kiss and invited him in. "How was your day?"

"Shitty," I said with a small pout. Roger frowned and jumped up on my bed.

"Come here," he said, patting the spot in front of him. "Talk to me." I smiled and climbed on the bed. I sat in front of Roger and leaned back on his chest. He rubbed my leg with his hand lightly. I still had a big bruise on my shin, but he was gentle, and his touch was quite comforting.

"Freddie drove me crazy again today," I said. "He keeps trying to get me to forgive him, but he's only apologizing for calling me names. He refuses to apologize for the breakup."

"Honey," Roger said softly. "I don't understand. Why do you insist he apologize for the breakup?" I shot Roger an angry look.

"Because it was his fault!" I said. "He wanted to play that stupid game and now I have a guitarist who never wants to rehearse and a depressed friend who's trying to get me to go against one of my bandmates!"

"Alright," he said. "That's awful, but they didn't break up because of the game, they broke up because Rory found out Joe liked Ben and she gave him an ultimatum."

"But Freddie started the game," I said. "He caused the fight because he wanted to start drama and he called me a cunt! Why can't you just support me on this?" Roger sighed.

"You're right," he said. "I'm sorry."

"That was easy," I said. "I didn't think you'd just blindly agree with me. Freddie's your roommate and bandmate."

"I know," he said. "And I'm not going to stop being friends with him, but I love you, and you need me to support you right now. So I will." I smiled and leaned in, planting my lips on his. I pulled away softly, keeping my nose and forehead pressed against his and caressing his cheek with my hand.

"I love you," I said. "You're the most wonderful boyfriend I could ask for." Roger smiled.

"Wonderful enough for you to tell me about that Lucy dream?" He asked. I playfully slapped his arm and pulled away. Roger laughed and pulled me close again. "Are you hungry?" He asked. "I was going to get some lunch with Brian."

"Sounds good," I said. "As long as you-know-who won't be there."

"Freddie's in class," he said. "Just you, me, and Brian. Gwilym and Ella may show up, but no Freddie." I smiled and we headed out to meet Brian. It ended up just being him, waiting for us at the Dining Commons.

"I'm glad you came Lilly," Brian said. "I wanted to run something by you two."

"You wanted to run something by me?" I asked. "I'm not in your band."

"Not everything is band related," he said. "I was just thinking, Thanksgiving is next week and I thought it might be nice to have a friend's Thanksgiving."

"Why?" I asked. "You don't even celebrate Thanksgiving, you're not American!"

"No," Brian said. "But you and the girls are, and Joe and Rami. And Lucy was raised in England, but she was born in New York, so she's celebrated the holiday before."

"Sounds like a brilliant idea," Roger said. "When should we do it?" Roger's already on board with this? Something's going on.

"Who would be invited to this feast?" I asked.

"Well," Brian said. "You, Roger, me, John, Veronica, Chrissy, Rami, Lucy, Rory, Joe, Ben, Winter, Ella, Gwilym and... Freddie."

"I'm not coming," I said.

"Baby, come on," Roger said.

"No," I said. "You two totally planned this! I am not talking to Freddie and that's final!"

"Goddammit, Lilliana!" Brian yelled suddenly. I gasped and looked up at him. Yelling at me and using my full name? It wasn't like him to fly off the handle like that. "I'm sick of this shit! This fight with Freddie is bloody ridiculous! Everyone is avoiding the two of you because you're too stubborn to forgive him!"

"Forgive him?" I snapped. "He hasn't even apologized yet!"

"Yes, he has!" Brian snapped back. "He has apologized repeatedly for calling you a-"

"Don't say it!"

"A cunt, Lilly, he called you a cunt! Jesus, it's just a word! A harsh word, albeit, but still just a word. And he apologized for it! You just seem to think he should apologize for something that wasn't even his fault!"

"Do you even realize what I've been dealing with between Rory and Joe?" I asked in a harsh tone.

"Yes," Brian said. "It's not fair what they are putting you through, but it's not Freddie's fault! It's theirs! If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with Rory and Joe! Now you are going to come to our Thanksgiving and be pleasant to Freddie and put this whole fucking argument behind the two of you! End of discussion!"

"Brian-"

"End of discussion!" Brian collected his dishes before storming off. Even when he was angry, he cleaned up after himself. He stormed out of the dining commons. I scoffed and looked over at Roger.

"Can you believe him?" I asked Roger. "When did he become my father?" Roger sighed.

"I can see his point," Roger said. "This argument is stressing you and Freddie out, and by association, everyone around the two of you is suffering. Maybe it's time to get past it."

"Seriously Roger?" I snapped. "You just said you supported me!"

"I do support you," he said. "And I want to see you happy. You said yourself that hating on Freddie before was exhausting. Why put yourself through it again?"

"I have a real reason this time," I said.

"You did," he replied. "But it's been almost a month. Maybe it's time to let this all blow over. I have to get to class, but I really hope you'll think about joining our dinner. I love you." He kissed my cheek and left me there, alone, with plenty to think about.