Chapter 41: Lilly

Roger climbed on top of Ben and tried to hit him, but Ben stopped him. Fortunately for Ben, he was stronger than Roger, although I would never tell Roger that, especially not now. It would only make things worse.

"Roger get off of him!" I yelled at him. Roger ignored me and swung his fist at Ben, but this time he actually hit him, leaving Ben with a bloody lip. At this point, Ben decided to fight back a little harder, instead of just stopping Roger's blows. Ben pushed Roger off of him and stood up, ready to fight if necessary, but I could tell he didn't want to fight him. Roger started to charge towards ben again, but Brian grabbed him.

"Enough, Roger!" Brian said. "You're taking this too far! You should not have hit him the first time!"

"He's in love with my girlfriend!" Roger snapped.

"Oh my God, who the hell cares!" I yelled. "He has feelings for Joe too, but do you see Rory beating him up?"

"Rory isn't with Joe anymore!" Roger said.

"That's not exactly by choice," Rory added. "He broke up with me!"

"Whatever," Roger yelled. "I'm still with Lilly, and Ben loves her!"

"I didn't do anything with Lilly, mate!" Ben said, defending himself.

"Yeah, but-"

"But nothing!" I interrupted Roger. "Nothing happened and nothing is going to happen so get over it! Why are you acting like this?

"Because I love you," Roger said, much softer.

"Well you sure have a funny way of showing it," I said. "You've been so angry lately all you do is yell and threaten people! What the hell is your problem?"

"What's my problem?" Roger snapped. "I'm tired of people getting away with whatever they want! Ben is in love with everyone but his girlfriend, Brian is cheating on his, Rory is stalking Joe, and none of you seem to remember that the assholes that almost killed Fred are still walking free!"

"The police are handling it," I reminded Roger.

"Are they?" Roger yelled. "Because I seem to recall that incident happened almost two months ago at this point, so I don't think they're handling it! It's February, Lilly! I guarantee the police are no longer focused on what happened in December, and that's just wrong! People should be allowed to get away with hitting their classmates, or their friends or their kids-"

"Their kids?" I asked. Roger stopped talking immediately and looked at all of us.

"Forget it," he said. "Just forget it, it's not like it matters anyway." Roger walked away leaving as all confused, except Freddie, who just sighed.

"Is there something I don't know?" I asked Freddie.

"Yes," Freddie said. "But this time I can't tell you. Not even if you guess."