Chapter 12: Roger

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of water misting my face. I opened my eyes to see Freddie spraying me with a water bottle.

"What the fuck, mate!" I snapped.

"What is your shit doing on my bed?" Freddie snapped.

"It was an accident," I said. "I'll move it."

"Fine," he said. "Get up and get your little girlfriend out of here darling. We've got band practice and I don't need the competition tagging along." Lilly groaned and stretched in her sleep, slowly waking up.

"Good morning, love," I said, lightly kissing her forehead.

"Good morning, baby," she said smiling at me. She looked over at Freddie and dropped her smile. "Fred."

"Yoko," Freddie said. I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go find Brian and John," Freddie said to me. "Clean up your stuff and meet me at rehearsal, darling." He left the room and Lilly scoffed.

"Did he just fucking call me Yoko?" She asked.

"He's taking this battle of the bands very seriously," I said. "It's important to him. He doesn't like that we're together."

"Well I'm serious too," Lilly said. "So I guess I should go rehearse." Lilly got out of bed and started getting dressed. I sighed.

"You have to leave now?" I asked, but I knew the answer. She was already fully dressed. Lilly smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"I'll be back later," she said. I reluctantly let her hand leave mine as she left my room. She was so beautiful, but so driven. We had hardly spent any time together since this whole battle of the bands things started.

I looked at my phone and realized Freddie had texted me multiple times already. I better get to rehearsal before he throws a fit. I got dressed and headed to Lennon hall. A lot of the buildings on campus were named after influential musicians. Freddie rented out a room in this hall for our rehearsals. When I got there, Freddie glared at me.

"Finally," he said. "Took you long enough, darling. Did you have fun with Yoko?" Ok, that was enough of that. I understand that Freddie is determined to win this competition, but his attitude towards Lilly was really starting to get to me.

"Why don't you piss off Fred," I snapped. Freddie and looked at me with wide eyes and John started backing away from both of us.

"What?" Freddie said harshly.

"You heard me," I said. "You're always attacking Lilly, but I love her and you're going to have to learn to live with that."

"Live with it?" Freddie snapped. "You're fucking the enemy and you expect me to just live with it?"

"The way you talk about her is nasty and disrespectful," I said. "She's a wonderful person and she's not 'the enemy' she's my girlfriend. Enough already!" Freddie looked back at Brian and John expecting support, but unsurprisingly they were on my side.

"He has a point Fred," John said. "I don't think I would like it if you spoke about Veronica that way."

"Yeah, it would upset me if you spoke about Chrissy that way as well," Brian said. "In fact it bothers me when you speak about Lilly the way you do. She happens to be my friend." Brian always backed me up. We didn't used to get along, but ever since we started the band, we've become much closer.

"Are you all bloody serious?" Freddie snapped. "Roger ignores his responsibilities with the band to shag the competition and you're on his side."

"Fuck, Fred, it's not shagging the competition!" I yelled. "It's spending time with a woman I happen to love. You just don't get it because you have nobody! You bring a different guy home every night and then you never talk to them again!"

"This has nothing to do with that!" Freddie yelled back. "You don't take this seriously. None of you do! You're all too busy with your lovers to even think about this band! Roger, if you care more about Lilly then you do about this band, you should not even be here!" I scoffed lightly and said,

"Fine. I quit."