Chapter 67: Lilly

I was getting ready to head to Freddie's apartment in the morning when Rory woke up. 

"Where are you off to?" She asked me. 

"I'm going to hang out with Freddie," I said. 

"At his apartment?" Rory asked. 

"Roger won't be there," I said. "He has class all day."

"Got it," Rory said. I continued to get ready while she stood there. "Are you ok?" She asked me.

"Well," I said. "I cheated on the man I love with one of my bandmates and now neither of them are talking to me, half of my friends think I'm a bitch for what I did, and the only person who seems to be on my side lives with and is in a band with my ex-boyfriend. So I'm doing wonderfully."

"Lilly I know you're upset," Rory said. "But Freddie isn't the only one on your side you know. I'm on your side." I looked up at her and sighed.

"Thank you," I said. "But you shouldn't be. What I did was stupid."

"You're being too hard on yourself, Lils," she said. "You made a mistake, it's part of life! I made plenty of mistakes with Joe, but I learned from them. You'll learn from this too."

"I have learned," I said. "I don't want to learn anymore. I want Roger back." Rory sighed. 

"Sit down," she said, motioning to the couch. I sat down with her. "I know you miss Roger," she said. "But you really just need to give this some time. It'll work out eventually."

"You think we'll get back together?" I asked her. 

"I don't know," Rory said. "But you're a good person who did one bad thing and you're clearly sorry about it. So no matter what happens, I know you're going to be happy." 

"Wow," I said. "Where was this Rory ten months ago?"

"Dating a gay man," she answered. "And getting angry about little things he did even though I knew I was upset because he wasn't attracted to me anymore. No wonder I was so unhappy." I chuckled softly. "Go have fun with Freddie," she said. "I have a brunch date to get ready for." I smiled.

"New guy?" I asked. 

"His name is Mason," she said. "Lucy actually hooked me up with him, he's in one of her acting classes."

"I'm happy for you," I said. "Have fun!" Rory smiled and went back to her room to get ready. I left to go to Freddie's apartment. When I got there, I knocked a few times and got no answer. I turned the doorknob and the door was open so I walked in. Nobody was there, so I called Freddie. 

"Hi Lilly," he answered. 

"Fred, where are you?" I asked. "I'm at your apartment and the door was open."

"I know," he said. "I forgot to lock it when I rushed out this morning. I had an assignment due at noon today and I completely forgot to finish it, so I ran to the library. I should be back in about an hour."

"An hour?" I said. "Freddie, I took the subway over here already, I'm not going home just to turn around and come back."

"You don't have to darling," he said. "Nobody is going to be home until after I get there, just watch TV and wait for me."

"Fine," I said with a sigh. "I'll just wait here." I hung up and sat down on the couch. I was watching TV for a little while when I heard the door open. I looked up expecting to see Freddie and instead caught a glimpse of blonde hair through the doorway. Shit, it's Roger! 

"Brian?" He called. "Is that you watching TV?" 

"It's not Brian," I said back, without thinking. I quickly threw my hand over my mouth and sank into the couch.