Chapter 44: Brian

*20 minutes earlier*

I chased Chrissy out of the restaurant, trying to get her to talk to me.

"Chrissy wait!" I yelled after her.

"Leave me alone Brian!" She yelled back.

"Chrissy I'm sorry I kissed Anita," I yelled. "But it hasn't happened again and I apologized! What do you want from me?" Chrissy suddenly stopped and turned to face me.

"The truth," she said. "Do you have feelings for Anita or not?"

"Chrissy- "

"Tell me Brian," she said. "Please just tell me the truth." I sighed.

"Yes," I answered reluctantly.

"Strong feelings?" Chrissy asked. I ran my hand through my hair nervously and didn't answer. "Oh my God," Chrissy said. "You're in love with her aren't you?"

"Chrissy," I said. "I love you- "

"But you love her more," she interrupted. "Right?"

"I'm so sorry," I said softly. "I never meant to hurt you." Chrissy wiped a tear from her eye and sniffled a little.

"Well you have," she said. I sighed. "Tell Lucy I'm sorry," she continued. "But I won't be joining everyone on vacation."

"They're still your friends," Brian said. "You can still go, I'll stay home."

"No," she said. "Don't do me any favors. Besides they're your friends more than mine. You've known them all longer and you're in a band with three of them. I was only in the group because we were together. The only friend I had before that was Veronica, who I guess I've lost now too."

"You haven't lost Veronica," I said.

"We'll see," she said. "Have a nice life Brian. I hope you and Anita are very happy together." She turned and walked away, leaving me alone. I decided to go back inside and finish dinner with everyone. I sat down at the table, trying to look somewhat content, but I was failing at it.

"Is everything ok Brian?" Lucy asked me, clearly concerned.

"It will be," I said. "I'm sorry for causing all this. And I'm sorry Chrissy yelled at you Lilly."

"It's not your fault," Lilly said. "Let's just move on, ok?" I nodded, and we moved on to discussing our vacation plans.

"So is everyone in?" Lucy asked. Everyone nodded except for me. "Brian?" Lucy asked. "Did you want to come with us?"

"I would like to," I said. "But Chrissy won't be joining us."

"Why not?" Veronica asked.

"We... sort of just broke up," I answered.

"Oh Brian I'm sorry," Lucy said.

"She could still come though," Veronica said.

"Well I'm not sure Brian would like that, Ronnie," Lilly said.

"I'd be alright with it," I said. "But she already told me she doesn't want to come. I'm just going to give her some space."

"Maybe the vacation will be good for you," Lilly said.

"Yeah," John added. "You can spend time with your friends and she can have some space."

"I suppose," I said. We continued eating while discussing our holiday details. I was pretty upset about Chrissy, but a trip might be just what I needed. Besides it wasn't for a month. Maybe I would feel better by then.