Chapter 4: Always Be Here

Depuis le début

"He won't get tired of you," Catherine laughed. "Trust me, I went through this before I married Matt. It's natural."

"Binding yourself to another person for the rest of your life doesn't feel very natural to me," Mari groaned. "Did you bring the dye?"

"Yeah, I picked some up. Why do you need hair dye?"

"I-I want to change my hair," Mari mumbled shamefully.

"Okay," Catherine said dead seriously, "I will kill you in your sleep if you dye your hair."

"If you touch anything with chemicals, I'll ground you!" Matt yelped. "No hair dye!"

"I-I don't want to look like my sister," Mari sniffled. "I want him to like...me. Just me. I- I love Melody, but..but it hurts him. I just want him to look at me and feel nothing but happiness...All I want is for him to be happy."

"He already loves you for you," Catherine laughed softly. "And I refuse to let you dye your hair."

"I'm so scared, Cath," Mari laughed nervously, horror in her eyes. "Properly terrified. I- we have an hour to get ready and I have no clue what to do at all. I bought a dress at the thrift store, so that's taken care of, but I can't even find the zipper to put it on."

"You are so fortunate we are the same dress size," Catherine smiled, opened the car door. "I went shopping the other day when Matt was at work and I bought a white dress. I figured that I could wear it after I had the twins, ya know? Anyway, I was too lazy to bring it into the apartment, so I left it in the car." Cath pulled the dress out. "It's yours if you want it."

"Wait, you did what?" Matt asked in surprise.

"You're supposed to stay in bed!" Matt shrieked.

"We'll discuss this later," Catherine shrugged.

"Are you sure you want me to take the dress?" Mari asked, biting her lip.

"Of course I'm sure," Catherine smiled.

"Alright," Mari said breathlessly, pulling Catherine off with her.

Catherine did her best to keep up, but found herself falling behind in pace, given the fact that she was still technically injured. "Slow down," she laughed.

"Sorry," Mari chuckled, slowing her pace.

Catherine sighed, trying to catch her breath. "Man, I need to exercise more."

"Oh, gosh, sorry," Mari said worriedly. "I didn't mean to tire you out."

"It's okay," Catherine laughed. "Just don't tell Matt or he'll put me on bed rest for the next seven months."

"He might do that anyway," Mari chuckled.

"I know," Catherine moaned. "I love him to death, but he worries about me way to much."

"I wish Josh would worry a bit more," Mari laughed. "I mean, in the month we dated, he barley said a word."

"Oh, trust me, he worries plenty. He just doesn't want you to see it," Catherine chuckled.

"Yeah, right," Mari laughed.

"He worries more than you think," Cath nodded. "Now, let's style your hair."

"Alright," Mari sighed shakily.

—————

"Think about it!" Josh yelped. "She started liking me when the production started. So when it's stopped, this whole mindset is lifted. And boom! I'm single again, Matt. Single! And alone! And depressed!"